Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Good, here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    I'm at the HPBExpo in Nashville. Green Mountain had a prototype of their RIPT wood chip burner at their booth. They say the obstacles have been overcome and plan a roll out in 2025.
    Last edited by Max Good; February 16, 2024, 08:55 AM.

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    Lone Star Grills in Texas was making one. Feed mechanism has to be an open auger instead of a screw type with solid core. Chip size is the biggest issue.

• Yelnoc
    replied
    Enjoy your reviews and early news on new grills. Worked for Traeger and GMG dealer and saw the AR FB post about the new GMG wood chip grill. Any additional information on it? Any other mfg making one? One would assume the selling point would be more smoke from chips than pellets, but considering many pellet grills (at least some) have auger feed issues so the concept leaves questions as to chip feed mechanism at a minimum.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    I know....I know. Bad Max! Finishing the Napoleon Phantom review. Next is the Memphis Pro. Possibly could get to Woodwind Pro thereafter. It's been on my mind. I cooked on one at a Camp Chef event, but didn't have time to test the feature that's on everyone's mind - the Smoke Box!

• SmokingSteve
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Max Good I am also very interested in seeing a review of the Woodwind Pro!

• Thomassen
    replied
    I’ve been looking forward to the Camp Chef Woodwind Pro review. Any timeline for that?? Thanks, in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Allon
    commented on 's reply
    Max Good

Just letting you know that only KKCBBQ has any stock, and that's limited to the Original Recipe.

The other store is barely mentions Black Swan and had no stock that I an tell.

Good luck...

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    Here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/@AmazingRibs/videos

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Here are "reviews" not sure they have videos..... https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...moker-reviews/

• Backyard Jack
    replied
    I have been looking for the video grill reviews you used to do. Wherever I've looked is not the place. will you tell me if there is still such a "place" and where I can find it.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to The Pit.

Yes - you will get more response if you post a new topic in the link ItsAllGoneToTheDogs posted.

• mrichie1229
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to the Pit D-Bbq! As ItsAllGoneToTheDogs mentioned, the Pork discussion forum would be the best place for this question.

Are you looking to find out how much salt? How long to dry brine? etc. There are also plenty of recipes that may assist you in your endeavor.

Good luck!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    you would look for the appropriate subforum or use the search function, but here is where you will find discussions on pork technique https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...d-pork-ham-etc

• D-Bbq
    replied
    I am trying to find info re: dry brining a pork shoulder, from what I understand, I just have to post questions at “comments” on any forum.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry! We're re-doing our Amazon pages and it's taking longer than expected. You can still order from our other online sellers linked at our www.BlackSwanCompany.com site. We appreciate your patience and hope to get Amazon rockin' soon!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here