Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Good, here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draugo26
    replied
    I'm very excited to be a new member of this society. 1st of I'm sure to be many questions. Does anyone have a recommendation of a Bluetooth enabled thermometer to keep track of the internal temperature of my Weber Kettle. I am currently using 2 igrill mini's. 1 to watch the temps of my meat and the second one I drop through the exhaust vent to keep track of my cooking temp. It's really convenient but I'm not sure how accurate it is. Suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    check out meadow creek, great smokers I have the BX 50 and I love it and I to relied on this site in making my decision it only took me 1.5 years to pull the trigger and glad I did.

• mackdaddy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. That helped a lot.

• Max Good
    replied
    The Smoke Vault 24 is built to sell at a modest price point. The construction is actually more solid than many similar gas smokers and definitely better than the cheapo models. It has a wide temperature range which helps when ambient temps are extreme, you can go low on hot days and high on cold days. If you live in an area where temps drop extremely low in winter, insulation or a wind barrier may be helpful. Just be sure not to cover the vents on the side and top. Here are tips for cold weather cooking: http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...d_smoking.html
    BTW, I just checked our Where to Buy links on my Smoke Vault Review page, the SV 24 is selling for $230 on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• mackdaddy
    replied
    I have a question about the Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24". You gave it a gold medal. One of the reviews from Amazon customer was that he thought the metal was kind of thin. Is that true or his opinion. I know for @ 300$ you can't expect a tank. Is it good enough for fall/winter use which is the #1 reason I want one without breaking my budget. Don't want to worry about charcoal when it's snowing & cold. Is there a safe way to insulate it to keep heat in?

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    replied
    They look good and I've heard good things about them. I'm working on several other products right now. We may review Lone Star down the road.

Leave a comment:

• RAmorris
    replied
    I have no affiliation with Lone Star Grillz. I am in charge of sales and marketing for Blue Lake Citrus Products, a citrus juice company. I got a Backwoods G 2 Party smoker in April of this year and love it. I relied heavily on the reviews of Backwoods smokers on this web site to make that purchase decision. I am thinking about buying a second insulated vertical smoker, ran across the videos of Lone Star Grillz's, and was impressed. But I don't want to invest that much money in a smoker unless someone who knows more about smokers has reviewed them.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Glad you're here too.

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    Are you affiliated with Lone Star?

• Medusa
    replied
    Glad you're here and appreciate all that you do!

--Ed

Leave a comment:

• RAmorris
    replied
    Max,
    Have you seen Lone Star Grillz's Insulated Vertical Smokers? Here is a link to informative videos about both of them.

Lone Star Grillz can be your one stop shop for buying the best quality BBQ smokers and grills. Reach us for all types of standard and custom options in budget.

Would you review them and give your opinion?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    started a topic Max Good, here

Max Good, here

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club, a special place to share ideas and stories at the #1 BBQ website in the world. As Director of Equipment Reviews and Keeper of the Flame for AmazingRibs.com, I test all kinds of residential grills and smokers and typically have at least a dozen on my deck at any given time. Thanks for signing up. Let's have some fun!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here