Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead, here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin Salmon
    replied
    based on this site I've purchased and fallen in love with the slow n sear and am now trying to perfect the moistest smoked chicken ever. Quick question- on the sweet georgia brown recipe it doesn't day how long to salt the chicken prior to applying the memphis rub. How long would you suggest? Much thanks!

Leave a comment:

• stevenv55125
    replied
    Thank you very much!!! Appreciate the guidance.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicChef
    commented on 's reply
    stevenv55125 - I always run a high temp (600F) burn through my kamados on at least a monthly basis if not more often. Its very important to keep your Primo very clean. You don't want flashbacks.

• CeramicChef
    commented on 's reply
    David Parrish - this is the only way to clean any ceramic cooker. Thanks for posting it here.

• David Parrish
    replied
    stevenv55125 I'd suggest running it at very high heat for an hour or two, then scraping the walls off with wadded up aluminum foil. Do not use chemicals... not even soap!

Leave a comment:

• stevenv55125
    replied
    Meathead, I had asked you this by twitter and your responded to come here instead. What is the best way to clean the creasote out of my primo - lots of build up in there. I hope this is the right place to post!

Leave a comment:

• KenD
    replied
    I can't tell you how many times this site has saved my butt. Many thanks for all the great information and videos. I live in the mountains of SoCal and have added smoking to my other hobbies of brewing beer and making moonshine. Needless to say, our parties have become very popular. But it is the outdoor cooking that has become the center of our gatherings. Thanks, AmazingRibs.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    In the Pit.

• Uncle Meat
    replied
    What's the protocol for posting? Should I post in The Pit or on the public comments site?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome! When you get a minute head to the Introduce Yourself channel here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...troductions-aa and start a new topic, and tell us a little about yourself. Glad to have you here.

• Uncle Meat
    replied
    Thank you ... thank you, very much.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimsonkng View Post
    Yay! I just joined. I LOVE AMAZINGRIBS.COM. The best website ever.
    Welcome to the Pit. We are a "special" group here. Glad to have you join us.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome
    Last edited by DWCowles; December 13, 2015, 07:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Meat
    replied
    Yay! I just joined. I LOVE AMAZINGRIBS.COM. The best website ever.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to The Pit Herkimer! Thanks for joining up with us. When you get a chance we'd love to have you tell us a little about yourself over in the Introduce Yourself channel.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...troductions-aa it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!
    Last edited by Huskee; December 14, 2015, 04:31 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here