Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danjohnston949, a.k.a Dan Johnston, Fargo ND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's to Dan The 'Back Yard Cremator' Johnston. I will remember you each time I do a cook. Stop by if you are ever in the neighborhood, I will have a chair and a beverage of your choice, as well as a smile on my face. No tears... oh forget that- they are streaming down my face as I type this out. Thank you for sharing your life with the Amazingribs FAMILY. SALUTE! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_193823.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	645430Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_193740.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	645431Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_194414.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	645432Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_195134.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	645433

Comment

Serves me right for logging in sporadically! Saddened to see, upon my arrival in the pit today, that our favorite Backyard Cremator is no longer in Fargo, ND. I loved reading his posts and seeing him show that the air was a bit chili where he was (that was F not C!). I'll miss seeing his posts and will raise one to his memory.

Comment

If anyone has the time to visit the link Mr Bones shared to the funeral home website, there's a nice video montage of Dan & his family pics through the years...almost felt like I was part of his family watching it. You learn a lot about him & his friends & family. Give it a peek!

Comment

• jecucolo
          jecucolo commented
          Editing a comment
          What a great tribute. Salt of the earth.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          That was my favorite one too Spinaker!

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          What a great and loving life he had. The video really gave me a sense of the real man behind the posts.

I’m just seeing this thread. I believe Dan was the first person to reply to my first post. He always was so positive and quick to answer a question. I will keep his family in my prayers. May he Rest In Peace.

Comment

Wow, Billy Joel was right. "Only the Good Die Young". Gone too soon. He was always chipper and super nice to everyone. I, like the whole pit member crew of AR just lost a great "BBQer-In-Arms". My prayers are with Dan and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            If anyone has the time to visit the link Mr Bones shared to the funeral home website, there's a nice video montage of Dan & his family pics through the years...almost felt like I was part of his family watching it. You learn a lot about him & his friends & family. Give it a peek!
            Man, that was a touching tribute. One of the last few photos really got to me, where his three "chit bird mutts" we're staring up at him.

Rest in peace Dan, we're really going to miss you around here.

Comment

God calls up a helluva Backyard Cremator. I'll miss him...

Comment

I just reread this whole thread. It only took a few seconds to get a lump in my throat.

Rest easy my friend - you earned it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup...
                  Still chokin hard on this...

Dan's was the first response to my first post here. "Backyard cremator" remains my favorite tag line in the Pit. RIP, Dan.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup, on the favorite tag line,

I didn't know he was sick and was waiting for him to chime in about the nasty cold snap we had about six weeks ago. Hoped to see word from Dan about how cold it was in Fargo, and then I read that he was sick. Now this.

Dan's posts channeled a giddy and lighter view of things, which always made me smile. I'll miss him for sure.

Comment

So I finally got around to listening to the interview. I hate that I never had the opportunity to meet Dan - he sounds like he was a helluva guy.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Indeed, he was, Brother...

This is sad news!! Dan loved "The Pit" and he was one of the reasons this place is SO different from other online communities and frankly so damn Special. And the outpouring of love and respect for Dan just validates that. We will all miss his quirky humor, his kindness, the emoji's, and of course that tag line..."From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND". May he Rest In Peace!! And may the Lord grant comfort to Eunice and their family. Cheers Friend!!
                  Last edited by PJBowmaster; March 30, 2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Rest In Peace Dan.. God Bless

Comment

I just saw this post today. He will be missed

Comment

All morning I kept expecting to see some witty, funny or some off handed humorous sarcastic remark from Dan.

It would be a lie if I said I was not missing Dan this morning.

Comment

• Mosca
                          Mosca commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think about him often.

• Troutman
                          Troutman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I remember he always gave you a like, just because. Not sure why you posted this HH but it made my morning memory thoughts a pleasant one!! Thanks for the memory !!

• FishTalesNC
                          FishTalesNC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agree 100% ‼️

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here