Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the "In Memoriam" sub-channel

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the "In Memoriam" sub-channel

In this sub-channel we'll post the sad and hopefully rare news in the event one of our fellow Pit members has passed away.

If you're aware of a member's passing, please notify one of the moderators or admin so we can pay proper tribute to our friends.

I was lookin at an old post recently & noticed two members, Dan Johnston & Smarkley with "Former Members" under their name. I thought that matter of in memorium had been taken care of sorta. I know that they are former, but just maybe a little respect for coolness in AR.

Comment

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like it gets fixed and then unfixed.

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, "Member In Memoriam" would be a better choice of words.
      "Former Member" implies that they left of their own volition. Certainly that’s not always the case.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I missed this from way back. Yes, the member titles sometime change, here's why: When it comes time for the members' annual renewal, if the system cannot get a payment callback (I think that's the term) the system lists them or any member as "Former Member". Even if we change it back to "In Memoriam" the system changes it back again at their former renewal date if it cannot get a completed payment. I am working with RayJ to stop that from happening.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here