Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Bones has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never had the pleasure of talking to him but found him to be so encouraging and positive in all his comments. RIP Mr Bones

Comment

I don't have the time to post nearly as much as I would like to, but every time I have it seemed Mr Bones had something to say. Often times I would just peruse through the forums without having anything to add to any conversation, but I couldn't help but notice how he always would make people feel welcome, express his congratulations on folks' achievements, his genuine sorrow to share in grief and his unique way of ribbing us all with such a wonderful 'voice' in his words. I could almost hear him speaking the words he typed. In all of the various types of online forums and bulletin boards I have been a part of over the years, Mr Bones is one of only a few that I felt I had known all my life just from his posts. That's a rare gift and one that we're blessed that he shared with us. I know its over a month since his passing, but my deepest sympathies and condolences to his family, friends and all those that shared time with him in person.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said. Thanks

I know that Memorial Day and Veterans Day were special to Mr. Bones. I've been thinking of him today and wanted to put a link to his thread last year.

Comment

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been thinking of him as well.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        What Panhead John said. Whenever I'm reminded of him, I'm sad all over again.

Kathryn

tbob4 you are correct that Memorial Day was meaningful to Mr. Bones. He was in a select few that I loved for their love of America and for their love of the men and women that gave their lives for America. He and I both served in some of the some places and same times.

Thank you for remembering my brother!

Comment

This is crushing. I’ve been so busy with life and work that I haven’t been checking in with the pit and I missed this completely. Bones, you will be missed terribly, brother. I know you’ve got the high cover now. Rest easy, brother.

Comment

I am saddened by the loss of Mr. Bones. My condolences to family and obviously many friends.

I had actually chatted shortly with Mr. Bones. I have been briefly looking for the interaction but I have yet to find it.

My first impression was absolutely positive. I only wish we all had more time.

Strength and Honor

Comment

If everyone in this world was like Mr. Bones imagine what a great world it would be. R.I.P. Mr. Bones

Comment

A year has passed since Bones died..

Comment

• Oak Smoke
                Oak Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s hard to believe it’s a year already. Like others have said it stops me cold when someone resurrects an old thread and there he is again.

This was a sad day for The Pitmaster Club and the world of BBQ.

We are planning another memorial cook in his honor. Please stay tuned. We will have some mentions in the up coming issue of "Hot from the Pit"

Comment

He is right surely missed.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As were you. Glad to hear all is well.

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks HawkerXP

Forever in my heart and in my kitchen.

Comment

• Alan Brice
                  Alan Brice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nicely spoken Richard!

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Alan Brice I talk to him while I’m cooking, all the time.

We know Bonesy's birthday, right? (I don't know the exact but I recall he passed very shortly after a birthday, matter of days) We should pick that as the day we commemorate. The day he arrived, not the day he left us way too soon. Because we want to remember him in life, do we not? Just my two cents, adjusted for inflation.

Comment

• Alan Brice
                  Alan Brice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think they were nearly one in the same. Yes passed 2/22/2022, born 2/21/1962, 60years n a day.
                  Last edited by Alan Brice; February 22, 2023, 05:10 PM. Reason: dates

He will always be remembered. What a wonderful person.

Comment

• Alan Brice
                  Alan Brice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never cared more for a person I never met.

• Elton's BBQ
                  Elton's BBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What Alan Brice wrote..

I know I rarely post in the introduction threads, but I do read them all... and in my mind I always mentally insert a Mr Bones welcome as I read the other messages.

"Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya! "​
                Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; February 22, 2023, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• DaveD
                  DaveD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I still remember reading that when I joined... bummed that I got only his last four months.

• SheilaAnn
                  SheilaAnn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs and you have to say it with a southern-style drawl!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SheilaAnn 100% do

I agree with the sentiments. He is dearly missed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here