Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't love this site enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't love this site enough!

Hello from Richmond, Virginia! Long time cook, short time lurker (joined after the first two recipes I tried), and now my first post.

I've got a ~5 year old Weber Genisis E310 that will shortly be supplemented by a Weber kettle of some sort (either Master Touch or the small Performer for the side table/magnet holder). After trying cooking with a cheapo cooking thermometer from Lowes for the first few, I managed to melt the probe cord into uselessness. However I'd seen the results real monitoring can give and now have the full Thermoworks pen and ThermaQ setup.

As my wife is fond of saying now, I've made going out to dinner more of a pain because as she looks down the menu, more and more things fall into the "no, I can get that at home" category.

Welcome George! I am from Powhatan, VA, but I now live in Charlotte, NC. Enjoy the site and the Forum! Check out the video seminars too!

Comment

Welcome aboard George!

Comment

Welcome, I agree with the eating out, I won't go if I can do it better at home.

Comment

I only get BBQ out as a test. Otherwise I get stuff I can't (or don't want to) make at home. Sushi or other really fancy gourmet stuff, the kind Ernest makes. And Olive Garden, Carrabba's, or Macaroni Grill. I don't care what people say, I like those places

Comment

Welcome Aboard, George...

Comment

Welcome George! We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit George!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here