Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum as good as website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum as good as website?

I have been leaching ideas from the website for quite some time now. Today a storm rolled through, and killed my Temps so bad that I have to go atc. I am fed up with fair weather equipment that doesn't perform in the real world. I figured that the hard core guys here can help me out. That is my short story, so hello from South Dakota.

Hi and welcome to the Pit. You'll find it amazing! What part of SD are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr ROK View Post
      Hi and welcome to the Pit. You'll find it amazing! What part of SD are you from?
      Western, Spearfish to be exact.

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        My daughter Brooke graduate from BHS a few years ago. She was actually back there last week for a wedding. I was jealous. I love Spearfish. Flanagan's is my favorite spot!!!!!!!

• snowandsmoke
        snowandsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Spearfish is the nicest town I have been to this side if the Mississippi. That is why we moved here from California. The only downside is the tritip they cut out here just isn't the same.

A 10" canopy over your cooking equipment can shelter your cooking area if needed. You can also build wind breaks if needed

Comment

Welcome to the Pit snowandsmoke!

Comment

Welcome Aboard snowandsmoke

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome, what kind of gear do you have?

Comment

Yeah, if you let us know what kind of equipment you have, we can try to help steer you in the right direction. Here's a link to the cold weather smoking section. It may not be exactly what your looking for but it will certainly give you some ideas. http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...d_smoking.html

Welcome to The Pit!!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a PBC, a 22.5 weber, and an old 2 burner weber. I have concluded that the PBC is a nice cheap setup, but hard to control when things go wrong. l am thinking a stoker 2 is high on my buy list. I just need more flexibility

Comment

Welcome. This forum is great. Everybody is willing to offer advice when solicited and tons of great ideas can be gleaned from "Show us what you are cooking".

Comment

Welcome snowandsmoke. We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome snowandsmoke, you will learn a lot while in the pit. Been a member for a month and got so much info and the advice has been invaluable. Definitely worth the price of membership.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit snowandsmoke! Thanks for the support.

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos...including setting up your signature.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here