Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Grill Performance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grill Performance Question

Hi All,

I’m a new subscriber with a new grill and a question. I recently purchased and installed a 30 inch all infrared built-in Lynx grill and have been using it periodically throughout this cold winter. This is my first experience with infrared (I was a Weber guy beforehand), and during these cold months, I have not been able to get my grill to 600. Should I be concerned?

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club MediumRareDad (love the screen name!). Happy to have you here. Is this your model? https://www.lynxgrills.com/products/...isserie-l30atr And have you tried contacting them? Depending on where you live and what "cold" is in your backyard, Id' say most likely that is the reason it's not as hot as you might expect. I'd give Lynx an email or call to find out what they say.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then My Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as one of our 3 monthly "Great Giveaway" Sweepstakes winners, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Huskee covered it. Cold will effect our grills.

Comment

• MediumRareDad
        MediumRareDad commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much! Really appreciate the warm welcome and insight.

Thank you so much! Yes, that is the grill. The temperatures when I’ve been grilling have been mid-to-upper 40s. I did call lynx and the guy I spoke to (from a place with much colder winters) said the temp is likely the culprit, but obviously, his winters may be different from mine. I’m just trying to crowdsource to see if this is something I should be concerned about. As an aside, the rotisserie has been fantastic!

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        The 40's aren't all that cold.

Welcome to the pit! Mid to upper 40s doesn’t seem that low to me, but it’s been a while since I used a gasser heavily to recall my experience. I know at some point the vaporization rates slow dramatically, but with a freezing point of -44F, you wouldn’t think it would be too much at 90 degrees above that. If you didn’t talk specific weather temps with Lynx, you might try talking to them again. I guess I’m assuming it’s LP and not NG as the effect of cold on NG should be far less coming from below ground.

Comment

• MediumRareDad
        MediumRareDad commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Your intuition is spot on (it’s LP). Thanks so much, and I did mention the temperature level I my discussions. I’m just looking to get an objective view here, which you and the other community members are so nice to be providing. Thanks again!

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

• MediumRareDad
        MediumRareDad commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much! Really nice to join such a nice and capable community.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

How are you measuring temperature? Are you going by the dome temp, or using an IR gun to measure the temperature of the grates? The IR grills I have seen before heat a metal plate below the grates with the propane burners, and don't have as much heat flowing through the grate - IR is radiant energy after all, so with cold conditions maybe the grate level temperature is where it needs to be, but the dome thermometer up higher is reading low.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Chicagoland!!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Sorry, got no answer(s) fer ya on th IR thing; I've never owned a gas grill, but Id bet my bottom dollar that some other (much smarter!) folks'll happen by, an help ya solve yer riddle...

Comment

Welcome to the pit!!

Besides the temperature the wind can cause a lot of heat loss.

Comment

This welcome is from NW Oregon,
                    Happy Grilling to you and PBR too.

Comment

Welcome from the California north coast!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here