Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missouri Native

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri Native

Hi All-

St Charles Missouri based backyard griller here. My BBQ game was lacking seriously compared to years prior where I was the block party King a few years running (As some of you know its shocking how many pork shoulders will fit on 2- 18” WSM’s) but I started to tighten up my lifestyle by eating better, exercising a little more and knocking off the regular boozing. The big cookouts started to fade and really needing large cooking capacity’s have become un-necessary. I still grill out at least 3 times a week all year round and smoke a turkey or a few butts every now and then. Mostly the WSM’s only seemed to get used when we have company or I have a good reason to go through the process of setting up, cooking and then cleaning the mess and putting everything away. Without question, The Smokey Mountain cooker might be the best way to get into this style of cooking out there, fantastic results affordable but it is a lot of work and if you don't use them often they sit idle and take up space. So....for years I have had my eye on the Weber Summit for some time as a way to consolidate my patio and last month I scored big time while traveling for work out in KC. So Far pretty impressed, to the point I just re-homed my 5 year old performer. Did a Burn out and then a PorkLoin roast to break it in. Looking to unload one or possibly both WSM’s in the future Possibly do some low temp cooking this weekend to see how it goes. Anyhow.....long winded intro.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rdethrow; February 20, 2021, 08:50 AM.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Original come from round Excelsior Springs, Muhzurruh...now located in Jayhawker Country...

Fine selection of Webers ya got goin on there, Amigo!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from a south Texas native who lived up your way for 20 years. Cooking in the snow is a thing up there.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup.
            Fixin to commence to begin jus sucha venture, here, directly...

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

We’ll let you part with one of em, maybe. But, both? Un huh! I mean, ya never know what’s around the corner. Nice lookin cook! Welcome, eat good have fun!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. I agree with FireMan. We don’t pare down too much here. We just add mostly.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Bet you will find you really "need" to keep all your cookers. Have fun.

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here