Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Virginia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Virginia!

Hey guys, great website you have here. Happy to come aboard.

I have been using a gas grill for a few years now, and last year upped my game with a Weber Genesis. I'm good with the usual steak, burgers, hot dogs and chicken. I bought the rotisserie set-up for the Weber which makes some of the best rotisserie chicken I ever had.

A friend of mine has been talking about his WSM for a year or so, but I never really got the bug to try it out. Then I happened to start watching the marathon of BBQ Pitmasters over Memorial Day weekend and was like damn, that's what good BBQ looks like! Most of the BBQ I've had in the past has been dry and sorta bland, so I was never a huge fan, but the stuff I saw on the show looked amazing.

Anyway, I started out thinking I would buy the WSM, but after reading about the PBC here and elsewhere, I went that route instead. I've been very impressed with my cooks so far on it - pork ribs, pork loin, pork butt, ham (yeah, I need to branch out from pork). I'm having some temperature issues where my PBC seems to be running a little cooler at 235-250, whereas I know the PBC is generally designed to run in the 275-310 range. So, I thought I'd join to not only learn more about how to cook some good cue, but to also learn how to get the most out of my PBC.

Thanks!

Welcome Aboard New2Cue

Comment

Welcome, I seem to be on a tear with the PBC temps lately. When I had your issue, and others report success as well, try opening your bottom vent a bit more. Try searching the PBC page for the lighting procedures and you might get some tips there.
      Those ribs look awesome.

Comment

Welcome from Northern VA! Your pics look GREAT!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by richinlbrg View Post
            Welcome from Northern VA! Your pics look GREAT!
            Hey Rich, I'm in NOVA as well (Arlington). I take it from your name you're in Leesburg?

Comment

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              You are exactly correct! An accountant idea of creativity! LOL

Welcome, neighbor!

Very belated welcome to The Pit New2Cue ! Glad you're here with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• New2Cue
              New2Cue commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Huskee, looks like I'll have to check out my homework assignment. Hopefully this is one that I can eat instead of my dog!

G'Day and welcome, checkout the smoker tutorials on this site and you might understand how important it is to understand your smoker. Heat zones play an important role in producing a perfect 'Q. That is the beauty of BBQ all elements need to be mastered and understood to create dishes that your family and friends just eat in silence. Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here