Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Montana

Hello all - I'm 37 year old amateur BBQ lover from Billings, MT. I built my first UDS about 10 years ago and spent a couple years smoking meat most weekends of the summer just for fun. Over the past 5 years or so, I've only done it sparingly (pulled pork, ribs and brisket a few times a year). Nowadays, I'm more pre-occupied with golf and training my dogs in the summer and bird hunting in the fall and winter, so that's why my smoker doesn't get used as much, but I still love it and appreciate reading about everyone's experiences, techniques, etc. Today I'm smoking three butts to make pulled pork for a Pheasants Forever sponsor appreciation shoot (I'm the local chapter Pres). Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. In addition to my UDS, I have an MES, a Weber kettle and a Weber gasser. Cheers!

Coolness on the pheasants!!!

Never got to hunt 'em but saw 'em being chased by coyotes while hunting in Nebraska. Would love to see them while hunting deer up there.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!!

Comment

A couple photos of my current UDS back when it was shiny and new. This was about 2007 or 2008. Can't remember for sure . . . sorry, didn't realize until after I posted that those photos were so small. I was probably using a flip phone as my camera back then.

Comment

Sweet set up.

Comment

Nice UDS and welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome Aboard donald... nice cooker!

Comment

Welcome, good looking UDS

Comment

Welcome to The Pit thedonald78! Glad to have you here and thanks for the support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here