Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day from Singapore

G'day,
    Aussie based in Singapore.
    Long time griller. Just bought my first smoker, a PBC (it arrives tomorrow!).

Congrats on the great site. Looking forward to sharing some good pics once I have this puppy up and running.

Mike

- Pit Barrel Cooker - WeberQ - Weber Thermometer -

Welcome Aboard Mike

Comment

Welcome mate . Nice to have a fellow Aussie here ... I don't own a PBC myself but there are quite a few very experienced pitmasters here who do and can offer advice if needed....

Comment

An Aussie in Singapore...you must have some interesting takes on grilling and seasoning from that part of the world...welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! There are a ton of PBC folks here, so you'll be in fine company.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome.
              The PBC arrived at 3:30, I made it home by 4 and had ribs on the table by 8. The first cook went pretty well. A few lessons learnt:
              - Get the briquettes really well lit first, chasing a full burn once the lid is on is tough.
              - Playing with vent settings with only half briquettes burning was a waste of time.
              - I also did a point of brisket, didn't let it rest long enough and the flat part was really chewy.

The pork ribs were off the hook (literally) damn good. As you can see in the pic. Good smoke, juicy. Happy family.

Question: does anyone know how humidity impacts briquette burn? There's guides for elevation (I.e over 2000 ft ASL) however nothing I've seen on humidity. Any guidance how it may impact vents etc? (VERY humid in Singapore, constantly).

Thanks!
              Mike

Comment

• oldsteve
                oldsteve commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the only thing you would have to make sure you do, is store the charcoal in a sealed container. What brand of charcoal do you have available in Singapore?

Welcome to The Pit yowza / Mike. Glad you're with us over in Singapore!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here