Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Miami

My name is Andrew, I work as an intel analyst the Army assigned to USSOUTHCOM and just recently go into smoking meats, but I have loved cooking for quite a while. I can cook almost anything, except poached eggs...and I have been getting a lot better at smoking meat through the help of this website. I originally started smoking meat because I missed Rudy's BBQ in Texas and hoped to replicate that delicious BBQ, and because I'm in Miami the weather is nice enough to use a BBQ/Smoker year round.

So far I have smoked 5 pork butts, 2 briskets, a whole chicken, salmon, beans, and a turkey. All were done following the techniques and recipes from this site, and everything has come out delicious. My wife is hooked on the food and even our infant daughter gets in on the action from time to time. Next on the smoker is gonna be some veggies and ribs, I've only ever done ribs in the oven and the flavor, while good, is just not the same.

Pretty glad I took the plunge and got the Pitmaster membership, and I look forward to learning more and sharing with y'all.
    Last edited by ForSure88; July 21, 2015, 11:51 AM.

Hello FS88 Glad to have you.

Comment

Welcome Aboard FS

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome, ForSure88!

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit ForSure88! Your job sounds a lot fancier than mine! Glad to have you here, and great job on your signature.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Alright, I got almost all of that done, but yesterday I was having issues with posting pics, for some reason everytime I uploaded them, the origin pic got smaller and smaller and smaller, to the point where the last pic I tried to post was literally one pixel.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	PEWXGSw.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	99070

but that seems to have been solved.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here