Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New old guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New old guy.

Hi Everyone, JohnnyE of Maryland just signed up…although I’ve visited the free side for quite a while.

I cooked on a Weber kettle for over 20 years, then a decade ago moved to a TEC Stirling 2 and high heat cooking. Three years ago, I followed my brother’s lead and picked up a Rec Tec RT-680 (added the Wi-Fi control upgrade) and…OMG did my life change!

Since then, a colleague and her husband introduced me to KCBS. You see, they’re both judges and he organizes a competition in his state. I joined KCBS, became a certified BBQ judge, had the distinct honor of being welcomed into the pit of a top ten KCBS team during a competition (boy, did that up my game) and of course, I am now harassed and harangued by friends and neighbors to running my smoker. A lot!

I look forward to learning a lot and improving my barbeque!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!
      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Texas Johnny! Better late than never to join. You’ll like it here. Hope to see some of your cooks soon.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
                Welcome from Texas Johnny! Better late than never to join. You’ll like it here. Hope to see some of your cooks soon.
                This was herb/butter-crusted prime rib from Christmas. We caught the butter runoff in a pan. Sopping that up with dinner rolls was amazing.

The rib was dry-aged prime spectacular, and it was one of the most delicious and tender things I've ever sunk my teeth into.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HBPR 1.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	973946

Click image for larger version

Name:	HBPR 2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	973947

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That figures. A dang newbie comes in and makes us look bad with his pics! Great looking cook!

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm free next Christmas

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Wowser!! Welcome fellow pellet head from SoCal!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and all your judgeyness.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here