Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An old dog looking for new tricks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An old dog looking for new tricks...

Hi All, I've been cookin and smokin for a lot of years. I've owned a Brinksman bullet, an offset smoker, and a weber kettle w/smokinator, but just bought a Big Green Egg. I've done a bunch of cooks in this last month, some really good, and none real bad, but I'm looking forward to learning (and eating) more!
    Cheers,
    Bob
    PS - No signature yet. Just call me Tech Challenged...

Welcome to The Pit bubbabob! Glad to have you here, nothing wrong with being tech-challenged. If you need help (after reading the homework assignment linked below) just shout we'd be glad to set your sig up for you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks Huskee. I did read your post about setting up a sig, and I've been working on it for an embarrassing length of time now. I have one pic I'd like to post that I'll post here, and I also use a Weber Genesis 320, Maverick E733, and a Thermapen. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Nice setup! If you want me to setup your signature, you can reply here with your stuff to include or PM me. Or if you're stuck on something in particular I can try to help.

Comment

Aaron,
          It looks like I got er done. As usual, I was making it harder than it was.
          BB

Comment

You got her!

Comment

Hey BB Welcome Aboard

the sig looks great!

Comment

Lots of kamado guys here, you're going to love that BGE. Anything you need to know just ask.

Comment

Thanks you guys. Already love the egg. Doin 2 tri-tips tonight. I'll post a Q-view if I have the time. It's a birthday party for my wife so I will probably get sidetracked at some point. A martini will usually do that...
                  BB

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    3 martinis did that to me once.

Yup. The party turned into a 3 martini night...no pics of the cook. Sorry guys. I'll get it together one of these days.

BB

Comment

Welcome to the pit, bubbabob! You'll enjoy it here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit bubbabob. It's always nice to have another Egghead on board to share information and ideas with.

Comment

Congratulations on the new egg! What size did you get? I've had my XL for 3 years and love it.

Comment

I got a large, BG. Seems big enough for my purposes. I also just bought a Smokin-it Model #1. I'm going to use it as a warming cupboard for the stuff I cook on the egg and then have to wait till guests are ready to eat, as well as using it as a smoker too. I think it will compliment the egg pretty well. I'm going to make some Buffalo Wings tonight with a little gadget I bought called the Thunderdome Vortex. I think I might be able to stay sober enough to take some pics. It's my first attemp using this tool so we'll all get to see the results 1st hand. I'll post it someplace appropriate.
                          Cheers,
                          BB

Comment

Go I love the Vortex when its on warp ten. Just start with beer then move on to the brown stuff after the cook!

Comment

• bubbabob
                              bubbabob commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You got that right Spinaker. The blasted thing will burn your hand off if you don't wear a glove. The wings turned out great, BTW. Crispy skin, moist inside, and lots of flavor from the almond chunk I put over the Vortex. I fiddled with the egg dampers a bit to keep the temp around 365. Unfortunately, I didn't get but one pic before I got too busy with other things, so no Q-view again.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here