Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hola Ya'll !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hola Ya'll !

Title is appropriate because I'm originally from Mississippi, lived in Texas for 22 years, and now live in Panama / Guatemala.

Having lived in Texas I know what good BBQ should taste like, but have little experience actually cooking it. However, with the help of all the great info here and the Last Meal ribs recipe, I recently cooked the best damn pork ribs I've ever eaten! Thanks much for a great site.
    Last edited by Curtis2010; July 14, 2015, 09:39 PM.

Howdy ! I bet its beautiful there...all year round.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Curtis... you came to the right place!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Congrats on the ribs...success is sweet. It would be great to see photos of your ribs.

Comment

Welcome Curtis! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Yes, it is beautiful in both Guatemala & Panama. We are gradually migrating to Panama (have lived in Guatemala since 2006).

Wil post pics of ribs next time. Since these were my first attempt at ribs, I did not have high expectations...when we realized how delicious they were they were nothing but bones in moments.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

Curtis... Do they cook, the real barbacoa down there in that part of the world?

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit Curtis2010! Sounds like you've got quite the geographical range under your belt. I'm sensing you're not much of a winter person?? Lol.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Originally posted by smarkley View Post
                  Curtis... Do they cook, the real barbacoa down there in that part of the world?
                  Not really. Typical Central American food is pretty basic. They do make chicharrones in Guatemala and other countries, but none as good as Meathead's recipe that I tried!

You can of course find good BBQ places around larger cities, but these are usually run by gringos.

In Guatemala, I live in a very rural village of a few hundred people. They were slaughtering a pig once for a fiesta and buddy of mine showed them how to do a proper pit and cook the whole pig. The locals were skeptical, but it turned out awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                    Belated welcome to The Pit Curtis2010! Sounds like you've got quite the geographical range under your belt. I'm sensing you're not much of a winter person?? Lol.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

No, winter is not my thing...we originally moved further south, to Belize, because it got too cold in Florida!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Curtis2010 .. You've come to the right place to hone your BBQ skills. I've been following Meathead for 4 years and learn something new every week. Need help? Just ask. Many Pit members will contribute what they know.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here