Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from a newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from a newcomer

Hi Everyone, I’m up in South East NH, about 15 miles from the ocean. I love cooking on the grill, an old Weber ( rebuilt a few times), at least 3-4 times a week, rain or snow doesn’t matter. The last 15 or so years have tried a few different smokers. I started with a Brinkman barrel water smoker and after it fell apart tried an Oklahoma Joe's with the wood box on the side. I cut and burn wood for winter heat so always have cut offs of different types of wood. Neither of those could keep a steady accurate temperature making it difficult so I went to a Camp Chef pellet smoker. That has been great, set it and forget it and turned out some great meals, (ribs, whole chicken, pork butts even perfect brisket with burnt ends, did some great mixed nuts last week ) but it lacks the smoke taste that I really like on some of the dishes I’ve cooked. I’m looking forward to meeting and talking to everyone about our experiences and ways we can help each other cook better. Thanks, Ed

Scrabwood welcome to the club. I just got a Pit Barrel Cooker and it is by far my favorite to cook on so far, although it is a cooker that wants to cook at the high end but the flavor and moisture is perfect for all meats. I can not match it with my kettle, pellet, or gas.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

we are always willing to help members spend some money on new cookers!

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Any particular type of cooker you would recommend?
          cl

Welcome from just north of Boston!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Ed ... (we got an ocean somewhere???) ...

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pi!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your cooker.

I think we are about opposite corners on the map. Maybe a little colder by you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from La Crosse Wi

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach. Former New Hampshirte myself (Errol then Salem).

Comment

Welcome from Oxnard, California. This is a good place to get cooking info of all types.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here