Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from overseas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from overseas!

Hi everybody!

Now that i finally have a decent grill on order i thought it was about time to join up. AmazingRibs has provided me with some very good reading so I'm more than happy to fork over the cash.

As the boss of my household is sort of restrictive on the size and amount of gear i keep I'll be experimenting with a 22,5" Weber for grilling and smoking. Expect gadgets, tinkering and a bit of fabrication later on. I have a little bit of experience with cheap offsets, mini smoke boxes, uppright smokers and at least a decent understanding of cooking in general but until now have never had the space for a half-decent setup of my own.

Actually, as I'm waiting for my kettle to arrive I must surely be the only member without any kind of grill or smoker!
    Such a meaningless existence.

Welcome Josef! Nice job on your signature and nice lineup of equipment. It looks like that list really needs a Slow 'N Sear for the 22" Weber though!

Glad to have you here, and since this is your first post please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard, I do all of my Q on a plain old low tech Weber One Touch and I am now revered as the BBQ god in my social circle, long live being a BBQ Luddite*!

* Besides the digital thermometer and Party Q of course.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Josef

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Josef!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            Welcome Josef! Nice job on your signature and nice lineup of equipment. It looks like that list really needs a Slow 'N Sear for the 22" Weber though!
            I felt the Smokenator was such a given i didn´t even look for alternatives. The Slow 'N Sear actually looks even better so shame on me for not keeping up with the gadgets while on my grill/smoking hiatus.

Otoh the heavy Slow ´n sear would be a LOT more expensive with shipping and import duties as the Smokenator is available locally.

The funny thing is that before i even knew about the The Slow 'N Sear I already envisioned mounting an extra plate to the side of the Smokenator as a radiant heat shield and cutting up the top to join the holes together in order to be able to sear better without dumping the coals out.

Comment

Welcome! Can tell you're overseas by your comma. Do you guys still say twenty-two point five?

Comment

• Josef
                Josef commented
                Editing a comment
                No, we still say fifty-seven.
                I´m trying to conform to American standards but it looks like I´ll have to try harder to fit in.

LOL _John_ and Josef

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here