Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Chicagoland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Chicagoland

Just bough a Pit Barrel cooker and received it about a week ago, made a brisket the day it arrived
    , it was a little dry but I'm still learning. I will be making some baby back ribs on it for dinner this evening rubbed with Memphis Dust and cant wait to eat . This website has been a great resource and the forum even more so.

Hope to be smoking meats for may years to come.

JD

Hey JD... Welcome Aboard

Let us know how the ribs come out! Send pics!!!

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit JDuffy! Glad to have you here, and that's pretty cool that you didn't waste any time!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit JD. Glad to have you here! Looking forward to some pictures of those ribs.

Comment

Here are the ribs, the top two were rubbed with Memphis dust and then sauced with sweet baby rays bbq sauce. The bottom rack is the dry rub only.

They were in the PBC for about 3.75 hours sauced at about 3.25 hours. they each weighed about 3.75 lbs per slab.

Everyone seemed to love them, Can't wait to make something else.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0798.2015-07-14_235257.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	96950

also here is the brisket from my first cook, I think I over cooked it just a bit as it was a little dry, but was still good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0786.2015-07-07_233331.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	96951
          Last edited by JDuffy; July 15, 2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            NICE!!!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Brisket looks beautiful! You could've fooled us!

Welcome, JDuffy. I'm in neighboring Niles, but grew up in the Wrigley Field area, when it was just a normal, affordableneighborhood. Lots of Chicago faces in here these days. Nice....

Good looking ribs. I haven't had the stones to try a brisket yet, as I'm kind of new. Brisket can be a tough one to master from what I've read. But that is next on the list, as I have conquered pork shoulders, salmon, meatloaf, ribs, bacon candy, and pork jerky.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here