Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Friends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Friends!

Hey Team - from Chicago (Ukrainian Village near Western and Ohio for any locals) I’ve been following these recipes for at least a year. Bought a Weber that I use at my in-laws in Grand Beach, MI. The gas grill at my condo does the job but given my southern roots from Dawsonville, GA (y’all go vote damnit) I find myself using the skillet over the gas mostly (unless it’s summer). Smoking a rib roast tomorrow and joined to literally ask this question so let’s see what y’all come up with:

if I’m smoking a rib roast and also making gravy per the recipe a la Meathead. And I put the gravy in a pan and then said pan into the Weber grill on the lower rack with the charcoal. Will the charcoal ash not get into the gravy? I’ve got a picky mother in-law here that will let me know when she tastes ash.

any and all guidance appreciated and thanks for letting me bore you fellas! Greetings from Grand Beach and Ukrainian Village!

Told ya I'd catch up with yer Trail

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit !

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Don't stir up th ashes, with th gravy pan in yer cooker...

Cover with some foil, if'n ya jus gotsta fool about with yer coals... (way easier than takin it out, puttin it back in. (Have some, albeit limited, Weber Kettle Experience ) (Scars, as wail)

Jus sayin...

If'n that don't meet Her standards, ya should already have an enycyclopaedic knowledge of local Chinese Buffets that are OPEN on New Years Day, an call an Uber fer her...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 30, 2020, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        or the every popular canned gravy

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Question: are you two zone cookin? Half answer: nah, don’t worry about the ash in the pan. Not much if any’ll get there. Plus you can make the gravy in the pan & strain any foreign critters out. Welcome, eat good & have fun.

Comment

Mr. Bones I appreciate the advice and makes sense! Thanks all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to being part of this community.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

FireMan - yes on the two-zone and I’ll be sure to strain afterwards. Thanks!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Harnett County, NC!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here