Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have only had it for a few days . I seams ok right know .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only had it for a few days . I seams ok right know .

OK. here I go. First time on here . I have purchase a Cuisinart electric smoker for a starter in smoking. I am 68 years old and over the years I have grilled a ton of things , but not in a smoker .Tomorrow , Monday December 12 . I will attempt my first set of ribs . I have used it to smoke a turkey using the recipe I found here and even used Memphis dust . It turned out great ! thank you very much Amazing ribs !
    Today because I am new and spazzed out I thought I ask anybody's help . So here I go HELP I don't want them to turn out like a smoked tire.
    Thanks Chuck

Sheesh, I thought you had COVID.

It will be fine. The only way it will taste like a tire is if you burn rubber. Follow the instructions from Cuisinart for adding wood, don’t use too much, and smoke that son of a gun.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it was the COVID, too! Listen to the guys here, and you will do just fine!

Ribs are pretty straightforward.

I salt 'em, then rub with MMD and go straight on the smoker.

225 or 250, just leave 'em open and cooking. Mine take 4h or so for babybacks, a little longer for St. Louis. Use the bend test, picking them up by one end to see how much they bend and if they crack for St. Louis. Babybacks probably won't crack.

They're pretty forgiving, honestly. If they have a bit of chew and you have to tug them off the bone when eating, next time go another 30-60 minutes. If they are falling apart so much you can't cut them with them falling apart, next time cut it down by 30-60 minutes.

For me, I usually don't wrap 'em unless I'm in a hurry, and then I wrap at 1 hour and they're done in 3 for SURE, usually falling apart.

Comment

I wouldn't worry to much about that. It's next to impossible to oversmoke something in an electric smoker.

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Look forward to being pleasantly surprised. Fear is a liar. Follow the directions and all will be well.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland, and you got this. Even if they don’t turn out perfect they will still be good.

Comment

I also thought this was covid thread. Glad it's not the ribs will turn out great.

Comment

One of the first things you do have to do is address them properly. You start by standin over em and saluting them in a dignified manner and iterate "hello WIBS". Sorta the way Norton addresses a golf ball. Keep talkin to em whilst yer massaging them with mustard or olive oil or sumthin so’s the rub ya put on em sticks, yessir. Hum while ya rub, it’s soothin. Then cook em, you’ll be just fine, eat em & enjoy!

Comment

• jlazar
                jlazar commented
                Editing a comment
                Gee. I thought I was the only one left who remembered who Norton was.

Welcome to the Pit! Wibs are easy, look for meat pullback at the tips of the bones and probe tender when you stick them between the bones. Good times are a coming!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us.
                  All the advice so far is spot on, so I'll just join the choir and tell you to not get stressed out. Heat, time, and smoke will turn out Amazing Wibs. FireMan seems to get a little more "personal" with his, but I'm not here to judge.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from TN. What they said

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here