Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Free to BBQ for the love of it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Free to BBQ for the love of it again!

Hi All!

My name is David Stidham and I have always been a fan of this site and quite often used it for resources but never really had time to stay fully engaged in this group. As a new member, I am looking forward to talking BBQ again and willing to answer any questions as it relates to competition BBQ or restaurant related questions.

I have been competing nationally for many years and have opened and run 3 of my own BBQ restaurants.....all under the name A Fine Swine BBQ.

Covid took its toll on us and we just had to shut down our final 2 locations and I have nothing but free time to cook for the love again! Looking forward to meeting and sharing with you all!

Welcome to The Pit David. I'm sorry you had to close your restaurants, but I'm glad you are here.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.
    These shut downs have been devastating to many, sorry you had to be included.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! I have dined in both of your locations (New Baden and Mt Vernon) and enjoyed them a lot. You are very good at BBQ. Sorry to here that you had to close. I wish you all the best in the future.

Comment

• David Stidham aka A Fine Swine BBQ
      David Stidham aka A Fine Swine BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much!!! Yeah, its been tough sledding in Illinois....we will recover and I plan on doing a lot of cooking!

Welcome from Florida. Joining in with those offering condolences for closing the restaurants, but enjoy the time for cooking just for the joy of it.

Comment

Editing a comment
      Thanks Jim! Already working on a new rib rub!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahem David, Wib Wub!

Welcome and thank you for joining. We have a fair number of member who ask competition questions. Your experience will be invaluable. As others have said, I am sorry about the restaurants. May your BBQ’ing be fun again, as you noted.

Comment

Originally posted by David Stidham aka A Fine Swine BBQ View Post
    Hi All!

My name is David Stidham and I have always been a fan of this site and quite often used it for resources but never really had time to stay fully engaged in this group. As a new member, I am looking forward to talking BBQ again and willing to answer any questions as it relates to competition BBQ or restaurant related questions.

I have been competing nationally for many years and have opened and run 3 of my own BBQ restaurants.....all under the name A Fine Swine BBQ.

Covid took its toll on us and we just had to shut down our final 2 locations and I have nothing but free time to cook for the love again! Looking forward to meeting and sharing with you all!
    Question for you... your old menu referred to both competition ribs and "dirty" ribs. Can you describe these please?

Comment

Editing a comment
      Yes. Competition ribs are just that. Our true competition ribs. If and when we didnt sell out of our competition ribs, we would save and chill them. We would prep them by cutting them into 3 bone sections and when ordered, we would deep fry them and then hit them with our rub when they came out of the fryer and then drizzle them with our texas sauce which is spicy and tangy. The result is a delicious crispy bark on the outside with soft tender rib meat on the inside. Its easy and fun!

• jhapka
      jhapka commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy moly I think I need some dirty ribs

Welcome from North Carolina! Sorry to hear the news of your closing shop but glad you get to get back at it and have fun with it. Btw, you have some very good Google reviews

Comment

Editing a comment
      Thank You! We are proud of what we did and winning best BBQ restaurant in St. Louis was a real honor.

Glad to have you onboard - so sorry to hear about your restaurants.

I am trying that dirty rib idea with some leftover ribs, next time I have any!

This pandemic and shutdowns are taking its toll. I read the other day that at this time, about 20% of full service restaurants have closed, and they expect it to reach 40% by the end of 2021.

Comment

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell, I'm thinking of making ribs just to do dirty ribs.

Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you can join in, and best wishes for your future plans. (Same for all of us🙄.)

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!
        Last edited by LA Pork Butt; December 17, 2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and all of your free time.

Pandemic is killing me too. We shut down again on 12/6.

I look forward to your posts. I have free time now maybe I’ll join you.

Welcome sir!

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...Sorry to hear about your restaurants but glad you are able to enjoy cooking Que for the sake of cooking Que...

Comment

Well, we can call ya Fine, we can call ya swine, we can call ya Fine Swine or Swine Fine, but we doesn’t has ta call ya Stidham. Welcome, continue to eat good & have fun!

Bummer bout yer two Q-joints.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                LMAO, Brother!!!!
                Sadly, 3 locations

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here