Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy From Rural North Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnB View Post
    Hey Brad- Been following Meathead for years. Just joined today. Not sure why I waited, just to get rid of those pop up ads was worth it! I've done his Spatchcocked recipie for the last two years and will not go back. Take his advice on gravy as well.
    Good Luck!
    Oh wow that looks amazing. I think this is what I am gonna pursue here, thank you! As the turkey thaws out further, I am ready to dive head-first into the research on how to do it this way. A very fun holiday project to work on...

Comment

Welcome. Spatchcock that turkey! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mrteddyprincess View Post
        Welcome. Spatchcock that turkey! :-)
        This is what I'm gonna try. I've never done anything like this before, but I'm looking forward to learning it and trying it out!

Comment

Welcome from California! I can hear the passion in your words. Keep at it!

As for the turkey, you’re headed in the right direction with spatchcocking. First did that about four years ago at Thanksgiving and have never gone back. It’s the best. Meatheads turkey recipe is spot on!

Cant wait to read about your next cook!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
            Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

I read in one of the posts, welcome to the Pit, Brad. You know how the brain works sometimes. Brad & Pit. Any ways this’ll help in the learning department mebbee, many in these parts call em WIBS, just sayin. Welcome Brad, pit & all. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from up the road in Chattanooga

Comment

Welcome from another kid from North Georgia, now living in Philadelphia. I am still not sure what Georgia BBQ is, whenever we would get BBQ growing up it was always chopped pork sandwiches and Brunswick stew.

Comment

Welcome from Texas Brad! I must say that was a great introduction you did for us. Love your enthusiasm for cooking. You’ll hopefully learn a lot here to help you get going. But it sounds like you’re well on your way to turning out great cooks already. As mentioned before, we do like pics! You’ll find a lot of friendly and helpful people here.

Comment

Hey y'all I wasn't able to work on and smoke the turkey like I was hoping today, because it was pouring rain all day. So tonight I tried to go ahead and spatchcock it

I definitely didn't do a perfect job, I ended up wasting a little bit of meat that didn't need to be removed when getting the spine out, but I did get the spine out of it. And then I flipped it over and pushed down and sure enough I heard that "crack" like in the videos. it didn't end up as flat as I expected it to be, maybe that's because it's a big turkey or maybe I should press down on it again one more time

Then I added the citrus & herb salt. Tomorrow I will rub the sage compound butter under the skin, then throw it on the smoker and see how it turns out!

One reason I realized I was having such a tough time getting the spine out is because the kitchen scissors I've had were super cheap, they just were not up to the job and that's one reason I think I ended up wasting some extra meat in my effort to get the spine out. any of y'all got recommendation for some kitchen scissors I can buy on Amazon that are better for cutting the spine out?

I've included a picture of the turkey before I put it in the refrigerator overnight, I will include some more pictures after I smoke it tomorrow thanks for the help and warm welcome everybody
                        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Thanks for giving us a try and for introducing yourself. What an introduction, it was a pleasure to read. My favorite ribs are unwrapped, nekkid the whole time. We hope you’ll decide to stick around!

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then My Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
                        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as one of our 3 monthly "Great Giveaway" Sweepstakes winners, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!
                        Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, I moved the rest of my spatchcock turkey attempt to the "show us what you're cooking" thread after being pointed out it was there. Look forward to learning and cooking more with y'all!

Comment

Hey there, Brad! Andy from Dacula...just a little South of you, I imagine. When I'm not grilling, I like hiking around footmaths in the N. Georgia mountains, so if you'll pardon the pun, maybe our trails have crossed.

Comment

• BradNorthGA
                              BradNorthGA commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Oh yeah I definitely know where Dacula is! Not far from Winder. I have been there actually.l I'm right outside of Gainesville, to give you a general idea

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here