Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member in Northern Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member in Northern Virginia

Hi,

I'm Matt. I live in Bristow, VA, in the (sorta distant) D.C. suburbs. I love cooking and working in the kitchen, but my favorite place is on the porch with a beer, music on the stereo, and something cooking away.

I've been grilling with gas as long as I can remember. Used to help my father when I was kid. It was mostly just a way to cook chicken and hamburgers. I may or may not have started a small fire when trying to grill chicken wings in the mulch outside of my basement apartment window in college.

After going through a cheap gas grill or two, I bought the Weber Genesis and really started reading recipes and techniques and trying to get better. Then I bought the kettle to try charcoal grilling and smoking. Then I bought the WSM when I wasn't happy with the ribs I was making on the kettle. Now, I try to cook out as many dinners as I can.

Our favorites are ribs, of course, but I always get requests for steak from my wife and little girls. Honestly, I still love hamburgers and BBQ chicken thighs are a go-to meal as well. I've also been working on pizza most recently and I'm enjoying eating those results immensely.

I'm looking forward to being part of the community. I'm happy to support amazingribs.com; I've learned a lot and look forward to learning a lot more.

Hey, welcome aboard, harkerVT , from a fellow Virginian - Leesburg, here.

Look forward to seeing your cooks and stories!

Comment

Welcome to the pit! I'm outside of Nashville TN.

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Matt

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!!!

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit harkerVT /Matt! Glad to have you here. I love fire stories. I have one from when I was about 12 or 13 when I was trying to make Molotov cocktail bombs in the field next door. Don't as me why at 12 or 13 I had no idea a dry field of brown weeds (early spring, before green stuff started growing) and little glass jars of gasoline would cause a giant fire involving the FD and a one-month grounding. And to think this was well before jackass and Youtube.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome in

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here