Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About me

Pic is of my wife and me (Virgil), on the Oregon coast. I am probably not the best bbq guy in the world, but I am probably close... Well, maybe not that good either, but I have done everything from Steak to large turkeys (26 lb.) and ribs. I bbq all year, and once in Germany, did a fresh salmon brought over by my brother from Seattle, while standing in the August rain in Heidelberg. I have used everything except the egg. from small charcoal to gas grills, to my favorite, my Traeger. I have had a Traeger since 2012. I was referred to this site by my brother, when I told him I was going to try my hand at making my own bacon, and some for my mom, who bought 1/2 of the pig my nephew raised. I first started BBQing back in the early 1980s while in Germany, and have been doing it ever since.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hobbit1981; December 5, 2020, 06:59 PM.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Hello from NW oregon

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

I wish to also add my undyin thanks fer yer years of Service to this Nation, Brother.
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 5, 2020, 08:22 PM. Reason: ficksed me onea them there wwahtchyacallit, tipoe thingys.

Comment

• Stuey1515
          Stuey1515 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones Don't leave out your good self with those thanks for Service either mate. I'm sure a lot of your compatriots on here would agree with me
          Last edited by Stuey1515; December 5, 2020, 08:13 PM.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Many Thanks fer yer kind words, an comments, but truth be told; This here world aint even 'bout me, nor my exploits...I done did what I hadda to, so you'uns could keep on keepin on.

Loves ya, Brotherman, fer thinkin after my well bein...

Much Respect, Mate! Cheers

Stuey1515

Ain't nobody owes me even nigh onto a plugged nickel, though...nor, even a red cent, neither one
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 5, 2020, 08:34 PM.

• Hobbit1981
          Hobbit1981 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Mr. Bones.

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Virgil ...

Comment

Welcome from a fellow pellet griller You’ll be glad you’re in the Pit

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Virgil.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

P.S. Camp Chef pellet griller here.

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here