Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Michigan!

Hi All,

I am new to the Pit and relatively new to amazingribs.com. I learned 95% of what I know about BBQ from Malcolm Reeds over at howtobbqright.com, but I am excited to join the Pit and soak in the knowledge. I am located in West Michigan (Grand Rapids), and interested in all types of cooking and food science as a means to an end... eating delicious food. My current specialties & favorites are smoked chicken, ribs, steaks, making Indian curry from scratch, Hot Chicken, handmade pasta (shoutout Chef Evan Funke) and Chilaquiles

I am interested in improving/learning/discussing the following in no particular order:
    - Making my own chili powder. Currently experimenting with various pepper combinations
    - Building a dry aging setup, as well as taking a crack at making Pancetta (although Bot scares me quite a bit), which I can't seem to find any of high quality near me.
    - Brisket Brisket Brisket
    - Food science. I am a science guy, love Alton Brown, and the more science oriented nature of this site!
    - Consistent excellence with Ribs, Pulled Pork, and Brisket
    - Improving my side dishes with grilled smoked food
    - Sourcing high quality meat and smoker wood in West Michigan

Jesse

Welcome from the California Delta. Lotsa knowledge and lotsa good people willing to share here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. You can’t go wrong learning from Malcom and Alton so you are well on your way. Looking forward to your posts.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Jesse ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit fellow Grand Rapids dweller!!

Comment

• jhoskins
                  jhoskins commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey BigCountryQ ! Where do you source your wood and meat from? I love going up to Bird Farm Meats in Howard City... but am still in the process of finding a local butcher.

Welcome to The Pit Jesse.

Comment

Welcome from SE Michigan!

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. You’ll get lots of help here with your laundry list.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here