Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in town

Howdy, long time admirer of the site, first time caller. My name is Brett and I live in Austin TX, though I'm originally from Melbourne, Australia, and I previously lived in DC and NYC for six years before moving here a bit over a year ago for grad school.

I've always loved eating barbecue (been lucky enough to do so in the best joints in Memphis, Alabama, South Carolina, Missouri and, of course, central Texas), and while I've sometimes been handed control of the tongs at a backyard party, by circumstance of apartment living I've never been in a position to own my own grill - until yesterday.

My Weber 26" kettle has finally arrived. I first tried to order one from a local store before the 4th of July, but they couldn't get one in for four months, so I gave up. I got an email alert from the Weber site last week, didn't see the email for 10 minutes, and they'd already sold out. Got another email alert later that day and happened to be looking at my phone, so snagged one!

I have a bit of an obsessive personality (when I dive into something, I really dive into it), and have been doing research for around six months to prepare for this! Obviously been reading Meathead's book, been dreaming of two-zone indirect cooking, searing at the end, working out how I can test things - and now I'm ready to go. It feels risky, but hoping my first cook on the grill will be the Thanksgiving turkey for my wife and one-year-old boy. It's a bit more low stakes when there's just three of us.

Anyway, I've talked enough, can't wait to check out the rest of the forum to learn more, and no doubt have you folks help me out when I hit brick walls. See y'all around.

Welcome to the Pit! Did ya get one of the baby blue 26ers?

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brett.

Comment

Hello from Arizona. Feel free to ask questions. Love my Weber. But...it’s a gateway grill. Soon you’ll be adding to your grill farm. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Your Thanksgiving dinner will be great. All of us have had those first time Thanksgiving dinner jitters.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Australian Barbecue Championships - Bing video

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
                    Welcome to the Pit! Did ya get one of the baby blue 26ers?
                    Nah, they seemed to be available the whole time, but I held out for the black.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Northwest Montana.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Brett ...

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here