Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Downtown Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Downtown Chicago

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello! I live downtown Chicago and have a pellet smoker on my balcony. It is a traeger with a Savannah Stoker controller. I am looking to make my own custom pellet smoker.

Also, I'm going to the Franklin BBQ pop up event in Chicago tomorrow.

Happy 4th of July everybody!

Charles

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Love Chi-town. (except for the Black hawks) Welcome to the Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard and a happy 4th to you!

Comment

Welcome in Charles. Enjoy Franklin's

Comment

Hey Charles... Welcome Aboard!

Comment

Hi! I'm new to smokers but have been using the grill for many years. Love Chicago, my home town but have lived in Florida 35 years. Smoking my first brisket today.

Comment

• newintegras2k2
                newintegras2k2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hopefully the brisket turned out well. It's the toughest cut of meat to smoke, however practice makes perfect!

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

thanks all! I am looking forward to this forum!

Comment

Good morning new. Welcome

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit newintegras2k2! Glad to have you here. What did you thin of the Franklin event? Do you have any pics?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

The food was amazing! The cost was $100 for a ticket, however it was all you can drink. We were served appetizers and then a plate of food which consisted of brisket, sausage, and ribs. Aaron and his buddy Benji were there talking to people and giving tips. They are really nice and down to earth. They were just doing a tour promoting the book he recently wrote, which I have purchased. Pictures to come soon, I'm having issues with the site saying the pictures are invalid file types, however they are jpegs.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150703_210615.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	95882 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150703_200801.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	95883 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150703_201414.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	95879 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150703_201128.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	95880Here are some of the photos. They had more than enough so we were able to get seconds on everything. Of course, I just wanted the moist brisket.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! I assume that's you in the pic w/ Aaron & Benji?

Comment

Yes. Really cool guys.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here