Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    If you bought a PRIME brisket, you don't need to inject. I always wrap mine, but that is just to cut down on the time. You can wrap at 165 F like Meat head says, but I usually take it to 175-180 F just to get extra bark and to prevent the BRIZ from turning into roast beef in the foil. I like really thick black bark on my briskets. So for me, its worth the extra time unwrapped. Just my two cents.
    Good Luck, and Welcome to the PIT
    -John

Leave a comment:

• Beefchop
    replied
    We've got Traverse City in the House! I grew up in Gladwin. BBQ is great for the paleo crowd. Welcome to the pit.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit

Leave a comment:

• jcrouse
    replied
    Welcome. I did 12 years in GR. Have been gone for 5 now. Wife really misses the lake shore.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Very Cool. I'm an east sider. Standish and south. So glad you here!
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; July 1, 2015, 08:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• morairtym
    replied
    Traverse City Area.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    WELCOME! So cool to see Michigan rising to the top of the pit. What part of Northern MI you hail from?

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    Welcome Aboard @morairtym

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit! I'm not experienced with briskets. I'm sure others will chime in.

Leave a comment:

• morairtym
    started a topic Hello from Northern Michigan

Hello from Northern Michigan

So I have always loved BBQ but it was not until last year in November when I cut carbs out of my diet that my BBQ craze started. I stumbled on this website back in February and have tried out a few things on my Weber grill. So far i have made some of the best pulled pork and ribs I have ever tasted. I have also smoked some wings.

I ended up building an 55g drum smoker, used it once and the thing about drove me insane the thing could not hold a steady temperature to save my life. I picked up a BBQ Guru Cyber Wifi and now it can hold 225 without keeping me up all night.

I smoked 2 pork shoulders for the office, and made some of the KC Classic Barbecue Sauce. They almost drank the stuff out of the bottle, I have requests to make extra for some people the next time I need to make more. I pointed them to the site but they still want me to make it go figure.

I was given 2 small 2 lb brisket flats, needless to say the flats came out a bit dry.

I ended up picking a whole packer brisket last weekend to smoke Thursday night for a party on Friday. It's been trimmed and salted.

Now all that's left to do is rub latter tonight or tomorrow once I get home and toss it on.

Any recommendations? I have read meatheads guide to Texas Brisket. I think I'll inject it but not sure if/when I should wrap.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here