Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Chesapeake, Va

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Chesapeake, Va

Hi Everyone!
    Long time gasser here and looking to add charcoal to the arsenal. I recently retired a Smokey Joe that I purchased when the Navy stationed me here in 1980. It was great for burgers and hot dogs. It just rusted out....hated to see the old girl go, but I purchased a replacement and also picked up a Jumbo Joe as well. Somehow, I got on a wings kick and discovered the Vortex. Thought I died and went to heaven....I was in full wing mode for a while. Cooking BBQ is something I’ve always wanted to try and looking for how to go about it lead me here. I recently purchased an mini SnS and am enjoying learning how to use it. Obviously, the Jumbo Joe is not the optimum grill for BBQ, so I’m starting to look around for a larger grill. Looks like a lot of info (and enablers) here, so I thought I’d join up and learn a little more before making my next purchase. I’m amazed at all the info available. It’s truly a case on not knowing what I don’t know. In any event, looking forward to becoming part of the community.

Welcome from the California delta.

Comment

Welcome aboard neighbor (Virginia Beach). GO NAVY!!!

Comment

• Yohawk
        Yohawk commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Mustered out in 1984 at DamNeck. Good times!

• tiewunon
        tiewunon commented
        Editing a comment
        I retired in 07 after 30 yrs in the club. Never stationed at Dam Neck but stayed at their Fam Camp. I live off Great Neck Rd kind of between LCRK and Ocean Banana.

Welcome to The Pit from North Carolina!

Comment

Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Check craig'slist. I see Kettles on there regularly. Occasionally for a great price.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Yes! As you've learned the Weber kettle rules! As RonB mentioned I've found some good used equipment on CList.
            Last edited by HawkerXP; November 14, 2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from somewhere else in Chesapeake. I see lots of 22inch kettles on craigslist around here...

Comment

• Yohawk
                  Yohawk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! I just signed up for notices on Weber kettles.

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here