Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Grüß Gott" from Austria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Grüß Gott" from Austria

I apologise in advance for the long text.

Hello Grill-Friends,
    i am Christoph, 31 years old and come from Austria. I am a trained IT technician and now work as an IT security manager in a feed company.

I have been behind the stove for about 10 years and for 4 years I have also been dealing with the world of Grill & BBQ. Every year I take a barbecue course to gain even more experience.

Since I'm also continuing with cookbooks, I've come across Meatheads: The Science of Great BBQ and Grill. I devoured the book within a week (incl. the recipes).

My hardware is a Weber Spirit E-320 because I live in an apartment with my small family. Only gas and electric are allowed here. However, I have now bought the Weber Smokey Mountain. Since this is very mobile I can now start the smoker everywhere and conjure up a nice meal.

In the future, I want to turn my passion into a profession. My goal is to have a own BBQ restaurant with really good BBQ, as there is no such thing in Austria. I also want to share my knowledge with other people and give barbecue classes.

Why do I want to do this?
    It's just fantastic to have a nice piece of meat that you can prepare, season and prepare to the perfect cooking point. And then eat it with family or friends. This kind of thing fills me with satisfaction, happiness and new energy, which I can then put back into my small family.

I hope that I can catch up with many more tips and tricks and also get to know new acquaintances.

Greetings
    Christoph

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

¡Prost! (Sláinte!)

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
            Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina!!!

Comment

Welcome from NE Florida!

Comment

Willkommen in der Grube

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA! Henrik lives in Sweden and puts on BBQ classes. You might want to check him out if you are interested in teaching others about BBQ.

Comment

• Econ
                        Econ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey LA Pork Butt, thank you very much for the input, which I am already receiving.

Willkommen, from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Christoph.

Our member Henrik teaches BBQ classes in Sweden.

Comment

I hope your dream of owning a BBQ restaurant comes true. Your fellow Austrians would have a wonderful treat in store, to be sure.

Welcome!

Kathryn

Comment

• Econ
                            Econ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hey Kathryn,

thank you very much.
                            I am sure that I will learn a lot more here and also get the necessary motivation.

Do not dream of BBQ, live BBQ.

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here