Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian in Bavaria saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian in Bavaria saying hi

Hi folks! I am finally getting around to introducing myself.
    I bought my first grill in 2018: a Weber Genesis II S-310 GBS, with three gas burners. Thanks to Meathead's book, I have gone from total novice to a guy who can grill a few things. My twin boys love baby back ribs and cheeseburgers, both of which I am pretty decent at now. I have grilled fish tacos a couple times, one of my wife's favorites.
    Speaking of my better half, I have promised her that I will soon make beef short ribs; I will be sure to check in here for advice! Five days from now, I will finally try out Meathead's Maple Glazed BBQ Ribs. I have already pre-ordered eight racks of baby backs from one of my two go-to butchers here in our quaint German town.
    Quite possibly the best thing I have prepared – with considerable help from my wife! – was the Melt-In-Your-Mouth Grill Roasted Leg of Lamb for Easter 2020. Oh my Lord, that blew our minds. I am grateful that we made two!
    My greatest frustration thus far has been trying to make legit pulled pork. The primary challenge here in Germany is finding the right cut of pork, as butchers carve animals differently in Germany than in the United States. I am sure there are plenty of PC members in various countries who have lots of experience with this! It has been humbling to realize time and again that, despite my fluency in German, it can be oddly difficult to prepare American cuisine in another country! I am eager to tackle brisket once I have more grilling practice under my belt.
    For the record, I have Meathead's book in English and the German-language version, which is very practical to have on hand. I also splurged on the 8th edition of The (NAMP) Meat Buyer's Guide published by NAMI.
    I reckon that'll do it for now. I look forward to learning lots more and communicating with some of y'all.
    Take care :-)
    Brian

Willkommen in der Grube

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      danke dir :-)

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

¡Prost! (Sláinte!)

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope to make it to Kansas one of these years. A niece of mine lives in Wichita. :-) Prost!

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, Wisconsin. Always great to see members joining from around the globe.

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      I visited a friend in Madison in the summer of 1996. What a beautiful place! We enjoyed great beers and insane deep-dish pizza ... and i bought some epic T-shirts at The Onion shop. :-)

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      Was the pizza from Eduardo's per chance? They use to have a deep dish pesto pizza that was outstanding.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      You live in one great state! I grew up in the Rockville area. :-)

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      Good eatin' where you live; my best friend's father lives in Ashland, VA. :-)

Welcome from NE Florida, Brian!

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cool! One of my sisters lived in Jacksonville for a while; she liked it there. :-)

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach. Reading your post got me thinking about doing a Krustenbraten cook.

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      Glorious! Both my wife's mother and her brother make a mean Krustenbraten. I also like to get a good-sized stack of it sliced, as deli meat, at one of my go-to butcher's; the last time I bought some, the woman who served me at the counter handed me a big fresh cracklin. :-)

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      bgworthen I have a friend who is a Lufthansa pilot who makes a mean Krustenbraten. He does it on his Weber Kettle. Wished I could go to your deli it sounds awesome. He translated the recipe to English for me. My German is pretty weak now.

Welcome from Tennessee

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! A nephew of mine lives in Memphis. I _really_ need to figure out a way to visit him ... gotta keep playing the lottery. ;-)

A big welcome from Texas! You just endeared yourself with a lot of Southern folks already...... with your use of the words "reckon" and "y’all". You sure you ain’t from Texas? Looking forward to some of your cooks.

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it was somethin' in the water! I was born in Gainesville, FL ... but just one month after my birth, my family moved to San Diego. And just one month before I started first grade, we moved to Maryland – which is down south if you ask Pennsylvania people, but folks in Virginia told me I was a damn Yankee. Ya just can't win neither way. ;-)

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy! It seems like you live near San Antonio. I have wanted to visit that region for a long time – based in part on hundreds of phone calls with the good folks at USAA, where I have been a member for 30 years. (My father served in the U.S. Navy.)

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      bgworthen you are correct. We are not far from San Antonio. We have been USAA members for decades as well. Give me a shout if you are ever down here.

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I would love to explore your corner of Cali; two of my siblings were born in Oakland. (1961 and 1963)

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA, and I hope you are having fun in the Pit!

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife and I were blown away by the 48 hours we spent in Louisiana on our cross-country road trip in 2012. We somehow survived two nights in the French Quarter ... and the boudin egg rolls and the shrimp poor boy that I devoured at Olde Tyme Grocery in Lafayette, LA was easily one of the best meals on our coast-to-coast trip!

Welcome to the Pit!
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you :-) I spent a wonderful long weekend in Oslo in 2001, visiting friends I had met in Colorado. Norway is great!

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

• bgworthen
      bgworthen commented
      Editing a comment
      I fell in love with Colorado the first time I set foot there. In fact, I earned my BA in Boulder. What a state!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here