Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Long Island, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Long Island, NY

Hi there,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to AmazingRibs for the "Perfect Pulled Pork" recipe. I had helped my brother in law smoke a few briskets in the past but I recently bought myself a RecTec Mini Pellet Grill and decided to try to take on smoking myself. I followed the pulled pork recipe with an 8 pound whole pork shoulder almost exactly except towards the end I ended up wrapping it and kicking it up to 275 to finish it because that sucker was hanging at 155 even after 12 hours @ 225. Once it hit 195 the bone pulled right out so I took it off. I left it naked but I also made my own bourbon brown sugar sauce in addition to a store bought one on the side. My 8 month pregnant wife said it was better than any pulled pork she has ever had. I guess that's not too difficult considering we live in NY.

I can't wait to hang out in these forums and learn even more.

Here's a picture of it right about when it hit 150:

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome to the PIT!!

Comment

Welcome Aboard, @aperalta85

Comment

Hi @aperalta85

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome, from a former Levittownian, and congrats on the pork shoulder

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here