Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Day from Palm Coast, Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon from sunny Florida. Smoking a whole brisket today-started about 8:30 am this morning. I am in the "stall" now. Just wrapped the meat in paper. I am using a Black Pepper Brisket Rub blended for Meadow Creek (TM) Sauces and Seasonings from New Holland, PA. I haven't done a brisket for awhile. Usually I am pulled pork or ribs person. Beer can chicken is on of my favorites using an infuser instead of the "beer can". My wife requests the chicken about every two weeks. Anyway, the brisket is doing well and if it gets two late I will put it wrapped in the indoor oven at 225 until I get to my optimum temperature, I will try the wrapping in a towel and placing in a cooler for a fw hours. I have not done that in the past. "Smoking" keeps me busy during the pandemic and most certainly I enjoy the results of my efforts. Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      We drive up to Palm Coast every now and again to go to the Delicias of Portugal Cafe & Bakery. Great pastries and bread to die for.

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia Beach soon to be Howie In The Hills.

Comment

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        I always crack up when I hear the name Howie-In-The-Hills. Beautiful area, great for weekend drives. We'll drive there to hit up the Yalaha Bakery.

• tiewunon
        tiewunon commented
        Editing a comment
        Bkhuna I am with you on the name. Wife was torn between a house there or Mt Dora. Smartly side stepped that decision. Thanks for bakery recommendation.

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        @tiewunon

Mt. Dora is nice but it gets so overrun with day trippers that it's hard to move around at times. Howie-In-The-Hills is so close that I don't think you'll put out. Welcome to the real Central Florida.

Welcome from central FL.

Comment

hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Well Gene, I’ll call ya Flagler fer short, you been payin & readin fer some time & plenty of heavy duty cookin. It’s nice that you’ve become almost a postin storm here. Welcome, eat good! 🕶

Comment

• FlaglerSolman
            FlaglerSolman commented
            Editing a comment
            Today’s brisket is in the cooler all wrapped with paper and aluminum foil with a towel around the done product. First time for the cooler stay. The proof in my results will be tomorrow when slicing takes place. Tomorrow I will make a new batch Datil Pepper BBQ Sauce and can it in pint jars. Recipe does about 18 pints. Datils are a local pepper here in St Augustine brought to the area from the islands by the Minorcans who settled here many moons ago. Great sauce for dipping BBQ.

• FlaglerSolman
            FlaglerSolman commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, FireMan! Flagler is where I live and I own a 2009 modified Solstice GXP for fun cruising when I am not BBQ’ing. Thus, FlaglerSolman.

When you have some time maybe share that rub with us here.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Geez! What about Rhode Island?

Only 10 people live in Rhode Island and 2 of them use a grill.

Comment

• Bkhuna
              Bkhuna commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably gas.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here