Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What up! New member from STL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What up! New member from STL.

I have a Weber Smokey Mountain 18”. I love it in the summer but come fall and early spring the thing just doesn’t hold temp. Looking to switch to a pellet smoker...any preferences between regular pellet and vertical pellet smokers? Thanks!

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

• Planner47
      Planner47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rob
      i from Salina. How far out.

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

First, welcome. Second, I have a Recteq RT 700. See my avatar. I have no experience with a vertical pellet smoker. But I love my bull! Tons of cooking space on the grate. With added second shelf, can cook a ton of meat in all sizes and shapes.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Traeger timberline 850 will be my up grade.
          Hello from NW Oregon
          Last edited by bbqLuv; October 6, 2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... Big fan (and owner) of the Grilla Grills Original here. Works great in Colorado winters.

Comment

Hello from Omaha! Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Southeast Illinois. You might stop by the St Louis BBQ store and talk to them and see what they offer? I’ve never been to their store in person but I’ve ordered several things from them and from their website it looks like they have a good selection of different smokers and grills.

Comment

• JPatrickRemiger
                    JPatrickRemiger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That store is amazing!

Welcome from Maryland. My two concerns with a vertical is first the limited horizontal space for food on each shelf and secondly having to use a water pan on almost all cooks. I own a non pellet vertical and a horizontal pellet. I personally enjoy the pellet the most. In cold weather I just throw a welding blanket over it to burn less pellets.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! If you are concerned about holding temperatures in the winter a ceramic might be more to your liking.

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here.
                          I know nothing about pellet smokers, but I know my welding blanket does wonders for helping to hold temp on my COS.
                          Then again it doesn't snow where I live, but it still gets pretty bloody cold in winter.
                          Might be a cheaper option to try before committing to a new cooker

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here