Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Wakefield, MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Wakefield, MA

Hello all,

I just started smoking last year because I finally had space for my own grill. Been able to cook some decent ribs, a couple of roast beefs, and my first pulled pork a couple of weeks ago. I would never have done it without the tips I have found here. Looking forward to learning more and figuring out how to come up with small mods to turn my Weber kettle into a more consistent smoker without spending much money. I find it is more fun to try to make it yourself than buy it.

Will

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome, there are plenty of ways to make those kettles pretty consistent little smokers. I wasn't good with mine until I got something else that made me learn to manage a fire, and now I use it all the time. This is from one of our own, it will make that kettle do all kinds of stuff.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Howdy, neighbor! I'm just a little ways away from you in Nahant! You've certainly found all the kettle experts here. Invest in a good thermometer first...it goes with everything.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Thanks all. carolts, I have several digital kitchen thermometers. I usually have at least one in the meat and one through a small hole in the lid to track air temp at meat level. I also just got a Palermo instant read, so it ill see what that adds to the mix.

Comment

Welcome Reggitt. If your kettle leaks smoke at all, you can get easy to install gasket material from bbqgaskets.com. It did wonders for maintaining temps in both of my kettles. And, I agree with _John_ about the Slow n Sear - one of my kettles is now dedicated to its use both for smoking and grilling.

Comment

Welcome Reggitt! We're glad you're here.

Comment

​Welcome to The Pit Reggitt! Thank you for the support, we look forward to helping out and seeing your masterpieces. Yep, I agree it's more fun doing it yourself. (And fun for all of us seeing the pics!)

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here