Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the NJ Pine-Barrens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the NJ Pine-Barrens!

Hello fellow carnivores! Long time lurker, first time subscriber. Finally decided to pull the trigger on this site after multiple meat catastrophes and an unplanned visit to the emergency room and intensive burn clinic. Currently working with a Char-Broil Infrared TRU Gourmet T-47D grill, Masterbuilt smoker model 20051311, and Char-Broil Big Easy. Looking forward to upping my grill/smoker game, meeting some cool peeps and ultimately trading some recipes. Glad to be here!

Welcome!

Comment

• RobB757
      RobB757 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Did some time at Alca-Travis about a decade ago; always enjoyed the Bay Area. Hope you're safe and doing well with all the fires that are going on out that way!

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.... yes, we've had countless spare the air days of late. It's tough to be outside for any amount of time so my BBQ'ing has been way down. This has been by far the worse that I've ever experienced but fortunately my family has been out of harms way.

• RobB757
      RobB757 commented
      Editing a comment
      Was there in 2008 when the Napa and Oroville fires started up and were in full rage. Some of the craziest events from Mother Nature I've ever seen. Air quality was terrible, visibility down to less than 100 yards. Glad to hear y'all are safe!

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

• RobB757
      RobB757 commented
      Editing a comment
      July of last year when my dad got remarried. Don’t get back home too much these days...

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      RobB757 then for sure you have seen how much the area has changed. One of the best kept secrets in Suffolk "Farmer Frank's Farmers Market" is still going strong. Anytime I am out that way, I have to get some to go cole slaw, yeast rolls (best I ever had), and any of the home made preserves or apple butter.

• RobB757
      RobB757 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it's changed a LOT since I was growing up in the 80's and 90's. Looks completely different than when I left for good in '97; I don't even recognize it anymore. Glad to hear the farmer's market is still going strong.

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! Born in Toms River, NJ and still have family there...

Comment

• RobB757
        RobB757 commented
        Editing a comment
        Small world! Toms River/Brick has the best Mexican food in the state!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Rob ...

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome aboard from North Shore MA!

Ever see the Jersey Devil or wandering Russian mobsters in the Barrens?

Comment

• RobB757
                  RobB757 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seen plenty of Devils fans during hockey season, but that's about it. And as a general rule I try to avoid organized crime members, especially the Russians. They do make really good vodka though...

• Old Glory
                  Old Glory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry just a lame Sopranos reference.

• RobB757
                  RobB757 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Loved that show, haven't watched it in about 10 years. Didn't get the reference until you mentioned it. Gonna have to binge watch it again now...

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

What the bejabbers was with the meat catastrophe & ICU/burn unit. Well, at least yer careful when ya cook now, if’n it was cookin that contributed to yer affliction. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

• RobB757
                      RobB757 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Went to smoke some ribs for a friendly work competition, and lucky me it was windy and raining the day I was doing them. Long story short, always make sure you turn the propane off and ventilate your smoker for a little while when the flame goes out instead of having a momentary lapse of sanity and hitting the electric ignitor button. An enclosed chamber full of gas lights off quite violently, and you end up looking Two-Face from Batman for a while. As for the ribs, they weren't as lucky...

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey der RobB757 , it was an interesting sentence as I was readin it : “an enclosed chamber full of gas lights ( I was at that time thinkin little twinkly things there)....off quite violently (whew they blew up) then I reread it, got the picture, oh yeah.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here