Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sir Smokesalot here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Smokesalot here.

Howdy all, writing from Everett Wa. today. just a little bit north of Seattle. I have been using the site for almost a year now and wow has the quality of my barbecue increased! I use a Smoke hollow water smoker for ribs, bacon, brisket, and pork butt. And for the barbecue duties I use a 2014 model charbroil tru infrared with grillgrates. Occasionally I use the firepit in the yard to smoke and cook with logs, typically hazelnut, since we have a hazelnut tree in our yard.
    Just wanted to say keep up the good work and I am proud to support such an ...ehem , amazing!! site!
    Cheers, or as we say it here Skal!!

Welcome!

But one has to ask: Just what does "Sir Smokesalot" smoke a lot of since you are in WA?

Comment

Good to have ya....no kidding on the quality of BBQ you can produce. I literally came out the gate with this website with respect to smoking ribs, butts, briskets, etc., etc....freaks people out.

Comment

Incredibly enough even though I live in the state with the highest proclaimed recreational and medicinal pot use in the nation, I myself have never done it other than second hand use.

Comment

Welcome Sir. Go Aquasocks!

Comment

Welcome SS! When you get a chance please check out my Welcome letter and Tips post here. Tip #1 will help you create your Sig.

Comment

Hi, well I think I screwed up. I am working with wild caught Salmon and put it in a Sugar and Morton Canning Salt according to the directions I got on another site. Here is were I think I am in trouble, I have had it in the refrigerator for 4 days because of some events that kept me from finishing and smoking (hot smoke) the fish. I did get to turn it in the container every day but that is it. So is my fish dead? Can I save it by rinsing it adding a little brown sugar and follow the directions on this site to finish the site? Will I kill my family? It looks perfectly fine and doesn't have an off odor. I recently joined because I wanted to start smoking fish and meat so I need beginners help. Thanks Pam

Comment

• crvan
                crvan commented
                Editing a comment
                If it is a question in your mind DON'T DO IT

Rob

Welcome Sir Smokesalot, I use my firepit it all the time in the winter to cook breakfast after a bon fire the night before.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here