Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Cincinnati

Hello Everyone,

I came across this site based on an internet search for a new grill I'm considering. I'm always looking to expand my knowledge, and hopefully skills, when in comes to BBQ/Grilling/Outdoors Cooking. And the posts and comments seemed very insightful.

I have two Big Green Eggs, an XL and Large, plus a Weber gas grill. For big cooks I'll do a whole brisket (16lbs) on the BGE, but I'm open to Steaks, Pork Butt, Chicken or Ribs, but looking to expand beyond BBQ staples. Before this year, I'd love cooking for large groups (30+), but only small groups this year.

Recently I got motivated by watching Chef's Table BBQ on Netflix, and I'm now in search of an Argentinian style grill. Also been reading two books Michael Chiarello's "Live Fire" and Greg and Gabrielle Denton's "Around the Fire", both pushing the boundaries of the use of fire, and traditional BBQ. Excellent books!

I'm excited to be here, hoping for a long stay.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Grills.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	914870

Last edited by jibennett; September 22, 2020, 02:56 PM.

Welcome from WI.
    I know what you mean about expanding beyond the bbq staples. You’ll see a lot of great ideas for that here. Some really creative cooking going on!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from TN. Have you seen this?

The Delta by Ñuke is an Argentinian grill that burns wood or charcoal and comes with an adjustable height grill grate. This affordable and stylish entry into the gaucho grill market also comes with a warming drawer, a lid, a fire poker, shovel, carbon steel griddle, and a rain cover. Read our review of this Gold Medal Grill.

We will be happy to help you expand your cooking options, then we will all be jealous...

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. This is what I use. https://lonestargrillz.com/collectio...ta-maria-grill

Comment

• jibennett
            jibennett commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the reply, that is one of the grill's I'm considering either the 48" or 60" with the Brasero.

Or the Sunterra https://www.sunterraoutdoor.com/our-...g-48dsplbrbcrt

Would like to hear more about your experience with Lonestargrillz and the Santa Maria. What do you like, what would you change, what's you favorite thing to cook on it.

Thanks

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the 48” with the brasero, V grates, stainless shelf, drop-down front, and a few other add-ons. No complaints at all and I’m not one to be easily satisfied. Heavy duty construction and easy to clean. Only downside is the wait but each one is custom built so it is understandable. I have the custom cover which is also heavy duty but I wish they would redesign it to make it easier to put on. It is form fitting and you need to line everything up to get it on. I just use a tarp a lot.

Welcome to the Pit! I go to Cincinnati every year (before this covid crap) for work. Usually a fun time.

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina.
            I had a Weber gaser for 15 years and that looks just like a Summit.

I'm new here myself and in just a couple weeks the crew here has made me feel at home and offers to help often.

You've stumbled into a good pit!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Lots of inspiration here!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from NE Florida! Seems you have the same disease as the rest of us (MCS - "more cooker syndrome.") Embrace it. We are all in this together

Comment

• jibennett
                        jibennett commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed about MCS, I have it. I think I have my wife supporting a new family member, now the hard part, making decisions.

Welcome! One thing fer sure is we love to help members spend their money, yessir! Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach. I have a couple of BGE's in the herd along with a Primo XL.
                        Last year I bought a Sunterra 48" Santa Maria grill. I like the grill a lot. They have both Santa Maria and Argentinian Grill designs.

Comment

• jibennett
                          jibennett commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Would like to hear more about your experience with the company and grill. What do you like about the grill? Anything you’d change? Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here