Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OldGriller here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldGriller here

Since I've learned so much from this site already I decided to support it by joining. This is my first year where I can say I've gotten into grilling. I did buy a pellet grill last year, but didn't really get into it. This year I bought a Weber Kettle and really started getting into it. At 76 I guess I needed something more than the computer to keep me occupied. The only connection I might have with cooking is my grandfather, who died in 1957 was a chef. I had a step-father once who was a butcher and he got me acquainted with the flank steak.

Welcome OldGriller ...

Comment

Welcome OldGriller ! We are dang glad to have you hanging around the pit with us! I know you mentioned needing something more than the computer to keep you occupied but I will say that this site and especially this club has kept me very occupied as I love reading and talking with the other pitmasters on here.

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit OG

Comment

Yo OG. Feels good the be a gangsta right? WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome, and congrats on finding a useful and constructive hobby!

Just to be clear, you're 76 years old and are just getting into grilling for the fist time, or, you have grilled plenty over your 76 years, but just once in a while?

Comment

Welcome OG! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Originally posted by Usernamevalid View Post
                  Welcome, and congrats on finding a useful and constructive hobby!

Just to be clear, you're 76 years old and are just getting into grilling for the fist time, or, you have grilled plenty over your 76 years, but just once in a while?
                  Very little grilling. Started with a Kettle, total failure, gave that away. Got a gas grill, the wife used it more than I did. Sold it and last year got a pellet grill, played with that a little. Started watching BBQ/Grilling on YouTube and decided to get another kettle. That's been working real good and I'm actually enjoying it this time. So the successes are inspiring me. So even though I've done it a few times here and there, this is really a new experience for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here