Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from WashDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from WashDC

Longtime (embarrassingly longtime) griller/smoker - burned through my share of Brinkmans but have never used an offset. I've been visiting www.amazingribs.com for a couple of years and living off AR's helpful hints and decided it was time to actively support you all. Currently, I use the discontinued Weber One-Touch Platinum (four legs, dome hole in the center) for grilling and smoking. For briskets and similar lengthy cooktimes, I use a Smokenator (which is where I learned about AR - I read all manuals) and the Minion Method. Thermometers change depending on what's on and include a Taylor Weekend Warrior (love the lanyard), a Thermoworks TW3628, a Kintrex IRT 0421, and Thermopens. Here's a brisket you all helped me with last Summer.

Nice! Welcome Harry..

Comment

Welcome to the pit Harry

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Harry

Comment

Welcome Harry! Nice bark

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I cannot take credit for the bark - it should go to you. I'd done two anemic-looking briskets (tasty but not visually appealing) based on an America's Test Kitchen recipe and went looking for HELP!!!! You guys were it. That's why I've returned to AmazingRibs.com over and over. 50 years of grilling/30 years of smoking, and you guys STILL teach me stuff. Pictures to follow.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Harry!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here