Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! Everyone has their favorite, so you will have no shortage of opinions here. The more information like, budget, number of people you like to cook for, what you will cook, and whether you are okay with nursing a smoker all night will get you better opinions.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Like said above the PBC and or Weber kettle make a great combination to your gasser.

Comment

Welcome from NE Florida!

Comment

And I agree that everyone has their favorite... welcome to the PIT from the Lou!

It's been mentioned already but I want to stress that the original Weber 22.5" kettle is incredibly versatile, and will allow you to explore lots of different cooks - grilling with charcoal, smoking indirect with coal and wood chunks, smoking and searing, slow and low and hot and fast. You can't load a pig in one, but everything on up to a full packer brisket does well. It's got almost as many after-market gear as a Wrangler, but you can wing those by yourself until you are ready to invest in the ones you find that you want.

Here's Lucille, setup indirect for smoking:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Piggy View.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	912406

Comment

Welcome from a little further south in California!

Comment

Greetings from north Texas, and welcome. I agree with the PBC (J) and Weber 22”. Those will take care of most of your needs. Of course, you’ll buy other stuff because you’ll WANT it.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from Sunny SoCal. That’s a fine choice...I’ve had my 6-burner Summit since 2005.

And with all due respect to HawkerXP I also think the WSM is a great choice. Super versatile, easy to mod if you’re so inclined (though not strictly necessary) and hanging kits are available if you want to run it like a PBC. Keep in mind that I’ve never seen a PBC in person, or had anything cooked on one. OTOH, the WSM is pretty popular out here. The 18” is probably the most common, but the 22” is super for the extra space.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                                Mr. Bones commented
                                Editing a comment
                                WSM WSM WSM lol!

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here