Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figured it was time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured it was time

Russ from Louisiana. After some time overseas with the natl guard, a couple jobs, I'm finally settled into a job i will eventually retire from. Found this site a couple months ago and have been lurking and learning, figured it was time I said hello and introduced myself. So Hey, Y'all.

Just beginning my dive down the rabbit hole of learning how to properly handle things that cook real food I've spent a fair amount of time cooking burgers and chicken on a gas grill, have done 3 briskets, lots of leg quarters, and a handful of pork roasts on a gas smoker, but nothing ever turned out like I wanted it to, even if everyone else enjoyed the results. It's time for that to change, so thanks again for this site and all the great info.

I'll add that I'm currently shopping for a pellet grill, and will be picking up the metal in the next couple weeks for a custom coal burner.

Comment

Welcome from AZ. Was a long time lurker and decided it was time a few years ago too.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you. Plenty of people around here have tons of experience with pellet grills. Best get another job to support that "rabbit hole." Better known as MCS.

Comment

Well... hey as well. Welcome to the PIT from the Lou! Anything I can help you with regarding briquettes and chunks o' wood I'll do my best - the rest still mystifies me a good bit. But oh my Lord I envy your access to all things Cajun, and the rest of Creole that makes knowin' the difference worth while.

Lookin' forward to what we have to say 'bout things movin' on from here. Have Fun!

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome from Oz, like me you have realized what a font of information is available here

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from NE Florida!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here