Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber gas newbie G2 E335 , 30 yr Weber charcoal expert, not happy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit!
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

I have a three burner genesis. I like to use two wood chunks, on the far right and left burners, laid across the flavorizor bars, and put the meat on the warming rack. This method gives the food a nice smoke flavor.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! I have gas and charcoal. Each of them have their place. Many times, I will have 2 or 3 going at the same time. But the go to is always the charcoal. The convenience of gas is great but the flavor just cant match up.

Comment

Originally posted by JGo37 View Post
          You're a charcoal snob. Just like me. Man, wood, fire.

(don't get technical on me folks - you get my drift... LoL)

Gas is for vehicles and landscaping equipment, not meat.

(I do own a Blackstone, but that's TOTALLY different)
          Reminds me of a conversation I had when I first lived in Santa Maria.

Me: Do you cook on charcoal or gas ?

Him: (with a look of disdain) I cook on red oak.

I had obviously just insulted him.

Comment

I'm thinking you just like charcoal flavor.
            Grill some chicken and bake some chicken.
            If the grilled chicken is worse, then something is wrong.
            If you think they both taste about the same, you're just missing the charcoal flavor.

Also, you can add a foil pouch with wood chips to the gasser to add more smoke

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here