Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the "Club"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the "Club"

I am new here, but I've been cookin' outdoors for a few years...it is my hobby, my "game", my like some folks love golf or fishing.
    I search the web a lot for tips and advice on smokin' and grillin' and I've found some really good stuff here.
    I am a "student" of Aaron Franklin on all things smoked on the offset. I bought my Pecos smoker because I saw him using one in some videos he posted. I recently received his book as a gift, a after reading the chapter on "Fire and Smoke", it gave me the insight I needed to manage that smoker for the entire cook time.
    After reading so much of what Meathead writes, I have changed up some of recipes and techniques to take my "game" to the next level. For instance, I don't add salt to my rubs anymore. He explained the rationale behind his idea and it seemed to make good sense to me. Instead, I salt the ribs and butts a while before I add the rubs. I have found it DOES work better.
    I have been so impressed with this site, and used so much of the info, I felt I should definitely pay the dues and join the "club".
    I'm not smart enuff to be posting many ideas, but I hope to learn more from you folks as time goes on.
    The magnet with all the temps is a very helpful item and t is on the refridgerater now.
    Thanks!

Welcome to the Pit Backyard Jack
    Last edited by DWCowles; February 5, 2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

@Backyard Jack

Welcome to our community. We're all pyromaniac's. We love starting fires. We all came here to learn. New guys soon become contributors because a question comes up that they know the answer to. Feel free to contribute at anytime even if it's just pictures of your food or gear. If you've got a good joke go to that thread and humor us.

Comment

Welcome Backyard Jack! Hope to hear about what you're cooking and see some pics.

Comment

Welcome, i'm sure you'll be posting awesome stuff in no time.

Comment

Welcome Aboard, Jack

Comment

Hey Jack. Nice to meet you.

Comment

Hey, Y'all...I feel like a new member all over again. I have no idea what happened here, but I am just now seeing these "new" messages after a year and a half.
                I hope to be able to maintain contact here because I enjoy outdoor cooking so much.
                I now have a couple of Weber kettles and an Akorn...broadening my horizon's, so to speak.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome (again??) to th' Pit!!! Lotsa Great Folks here, an' Great Food!!!

After readin' in yer intro above^^^^^
                    I'm not smart enuff to be posting many ideas, but I hope to learn more from you folks as time goes on.
                    I gotta tell ya: Don't sell yerself short!!!
                    Yer contributions are as valid, an' valuable as anybody's.
                    We're all here to learn, an' to share in the myriad joys of cookin' great food!
                    Now, start makin' with th posts, an' especially some pics; yer like, what? A year an a half behind lol!!!

Have a great day, Amigo!
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 5, 2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Welcome back.... from Indiana

Comment

Backyard Jack, Welcome Back! It Must have been those Space Aliens that Abducted You? In Any Case it's Good to Here From You!
                        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jack.

Comment

Very nice introduction, Jack. Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas.

Comment

Welcome,Jack. A hello from upstate New York.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here