Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decided To Stop Lurking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided To Stop Lurking

Hey Everyone!

I have been a member since March and decided to stop lurking and finally say hello, and there is no better place to start then in the Introduce Yourself section. I have been BBQ (improperly) since my early teens, and now in my late 20s I have decided to start to learn to do it proper. So far this forum has been a huge help.

I have an old hand me down Weber 22" I have dubbed Ol' Reliable, and I decided to go big and picked up a Lone Star Grillz20" x 36" Offset smoker as my first stick burner back in March. I spent everyday from when I bought it till when it arrived at the tail end of July lurking on the forums and picking up all the tips and tricks I could, as well as reading Meatheads book. I spent a week on it seasoning it and doing dry runs to get a feel of the temp management, then got one cook in (pictured below) before I had to leave town for work for a month. Now I am back home and ready to try some new recipes and styles. Any recommendations?

Anyways thank you guys for all your interesting conversations and tips and tricks. And finally, hello from Norther California, where we might not be the best at smoking foods, but we sure are the best at smoking our whole state.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200711_152309_HDR.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	904812

Welcome from Maryland. Great smoker you have there. Might you be located in the "Great State of Jefferson?" We seem to have some great members from around there.

Comment

• AdequateEatin
      AdequateEatin commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately not. I am just a stones throw away from making it into the Great State of Jefferson, but still technically in Sacramento County.

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the Delta. And we are the best, just ask us.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. CaptainMike where are you ????

Comment

• coot
          coot commented
          Editing a comment
          Lake City mn

Welcome to the Pit! Get ready to move beyond just adequate eatin'.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club. Happy to have you here, and great intro! You have two great cookers that can pretty much do anything you could want to do.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                  1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then My Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
                  2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as one of our 3 monthly "Great Giveaway" Sweepstakes winners, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!
                  Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from TN. Great first pic!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit! ​

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from NE Florida, where I am jealous as hades of your new smoker. Glad you are here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here