Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Alert

Hello All!
    I am in the free trial period right now. I don’t otherwise use social media platforms and am not used to posting on forums, but here goes.
    I am from Michigan and know my way around an indoor kitchen, not so much for outdoors.
    I have been using a Lodge Hibachi and had some experience in the past with a Weber Kettle and a Vision ceramic grill. As of 2 days ago I now have a Napoleon Prestige 500 RSIB, not fully assembled yet.
    I am look’n to do some serious outdoor cook‘n and anticipate needing some advice on how to use this bad boy.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you wish to impart!

Welcome from Maryland. Many of us refuse to use social media too so you will fit right in and be comfortable here. Your Lodge Sportsman is a really fun cooker and one of my favorite things to cook on.

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you Love your bear pic.

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on not a member of any other site!

Welcome from north Texas. You’ll enjoy the Pit.
    P. S. I don’t use social media either.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
    Hope you stay around after the trial period CookingJoy500
    Cheers from Norway

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you
      Norway- that’s great! One of the few countries I don’t have a cookbook for yet.

Huntington Beach welcomes you and your new cooker. I keep telling myself I’m gonna get one of those Sportsman grills.

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you. It looks like you live by a beach- you should certainly get a Sportsman.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you I have a seared duck breast recipe I would like to try and adapt for the grill. If it works out I will share.

Welcome to the Pit! This is THE only social media you will need or want.

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you
      Goodness, I hope so! Job jar is too full to spend lots of time on social media. I liked the member rules for this one, though.

Welcome from south Texas! I’m with you on the social media stuff. You’re gonna love it here.

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you
      Two welcomes fromTexas already!

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club, fellow Michigander! Thanks for giving us a try and for introducing yourself. Nice array of cooker you have there.

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then My Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as one of our 3 monthly "Great Giveaway" Sweepstakes winners, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!
    Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you I appreciate the info-have read some of it already and was helpful!
      Have any walleye recipes for the grill you’d like to share? Won’t ask you for your favorite walleye fishing spot, though, I know those are a secret.
      Say "Yes"” to Michigan

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      CookingJoy500 I fish a lot up north of Hale near Glennie on the AuSable river. Not particularly good at walleyes, it's a mxied bag of pike walleye and bass. No specific recipes- except when I grill fish I love using Heaven Made Products' Blackened Seasoning or their Amazin' Cajun or their soon-to-be-released New Bay (their riff on Old Bay)

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      CookingJoy500 we don’t call him the minnow slayer fer nuthin! 🕶

Welcome! You're going to have a great time with routine outdoor cooking added to your repertoire. Nice new toy you got there.

Kathryn

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you Was hard to find one in stock. It seems a lot of people are looking for a new grill.

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach. You chose the correct place to hone your new craft. Many fine folks here.
    BTW D
    Do not feel bad, I pretty much have the SGT Schultz routine down (know nothing) about the those things that get hot in that room my wife hangs out in.

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you I am hoping my husband will at least keep me company out on the deck!

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you I’m dating myself, but fell in love with Africa watching Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom as a kid.

Howdy from Houston! Welcome aboard. There’s a lot of great folks here who will be happy to share their tips, how to’s etc. As well as hearing yours. I don’t do social media either, not even Facebook. I’m new as well, started out 3 weeks ago as a free trial. Had so much fun here, I paid up after 3 days. This is really the biggest and by far, best BBQ site anywhere. I thought I was an excellent outdoor cooker and knew a lot. Then I started seeing people post their grilling and cooking photos and recipes. I was quickly put back in my place. 😄 Enjoy!

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you Hopefully grill will get put together to tonight and can try it out tomorrow. I want to do surf (for me) and turf (for my husband). I am hoping some people have the same grill in case I have any questions specific to the grill. Good luck to you too.

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you Have only been to the Boston area, but loved it!

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

• CookingJoy500
      CookingJoy500 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you Have had some beautiful drives through PA.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here