Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Bluefish and Oysters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Bluefish and Oysters

Hello PitBuds…..My first post...anyway, recently I smoked some bluefish (20 of them) my wife and I caught while surf fishing on Ocracoke Island, NC, along with some York River Oysters. Was yummy! Cold beverage was good too!
    Attached Files

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Nice Lookin food.

Comment

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Comment

That’s some first post👍

Comment

That's an amazing meal! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Greetings from Scottsdale AZ! Im a raw oyster man, but have always wanted to try some smoked oysters....my only experience with cooked oysters was the horrid oyster casserole that was shoved down my throat when I was a kid! Looks good, man!

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm mainly a raw guy for oysters myself. But you should definitely try them smoked. And deep-fried if you can find someplace that will cook them for you (sounds like a road trip some time).

• Dewesq55
              Dewesq55 commented
              Editing a comment
              EdF - Single fried oysters are awesome. They're a bit of a local specialty on Chincoteague Island where my vacation home is. Also oyster fritters. Yum!

• Alabama Smoke
              Alabama Smoke commented
              Editing a comment
              Suggest you get a good recipe for battered deep fried oysters! Bet you will love them. Agreed on that awful casserole.

Welcome, from an oyster junkie on the Lowcountry coast of SC. Great pic. Love me a smoked oyster off the Pit Barrel Cooker. Your Green Egg looks to be doing a fine job for the task at hand.
            Last edited by BourBonQ; August 14, 2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Yum. In my youth I worked in a fish restaurant in Santa Monica, CA and shucked my fair share of oysters while working the oyster bar. Your meal looks absolutely delicious. Brings back many a fond memory. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. Nice looking fish, but I’m not an oyster guy. Never developed a taste for them since we didn’t have any oceans where I grew up.

Comment

Lots of oysters up here in the Pacific Northwest. I love them raw, smoked, fried, grilled, doesn’t matter. Those look awesome. Welcome to the Pit

Comment

I was born and lived on Eastern Long Island, NY. At an early age I eat raw clams, oysters and bay scallops. At age five my father was transferred to Mississippi. When I was seven my father had a two day conference in New Orleans. My father took my mother and me went him as the rest of the week was a vacation. One afternoon my father took me to a Oyster Bar. At that time Coke only came in glass bottles and the cases were wood. They stacked up two cases for me to stand on so my head was over the top of the bar. My father bought me the first half dozen raw oysters. The people in the bar could not believe a little kid was eating raw oysters. They kept buying half dozen plates of oysters and I pigged out. At age ten we returned to Eastern Long Island, NY.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here