Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New old member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New old member

I've been a Pitmaster Club member for over a year, and am just now getting around to my introductory email. The essence of low and slow, I guess. I have a bunch of hobbies, all of which require some kind of equipment and tools. My current stable of cooking tools include Weber and Napoleon gas grills, a Weber kettle, a Camp Fire propane smoker, and my first smoker, a Bradley original to which I added an extra heating element and an in-line thermostat. I first got interested in smoking about ten years ago with a foray into charcuterie, making my own smoked sausage and pastrami. I jumped on the sous vide que train a few years ago, and use the method I learned here for my family-famous ribs - 24hrs @ 150 then heated and charred over charcoal and some wood chunks. Lately I've been making bacon, ribs, steaks (sous vide or reverse sear), turkeys on a spit, and my favorite pastrami. Coming soon will be my first try at jerky. Thanks to Meathead and all y'all for great recipes, technique, and the all-important (to me) science behind it. I've always seen cooking as a chemistry experiment you get to eat!

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! I hope you have been having fun here.

Comment

Howdy from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Comment

2 years & 8 months is over a year, yessir. Now, believin anythin you got to conjure up with numbers might be a problem fer some of us, in light of the fact of yer estimatin prowess. We are appreciated of the fact that ya joined us awhile back! Eat good & have fun! 🕶

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Fireman, I’ve asked once before where your picture came from. I know that it’s from one of Mel Brooks’ movies. You have refused to answer me. The wide ass eyes are hilarious. We all know that’s not really you. I demand one of two options for you. Either give us a picture of the real you, or, tell us which movie and character your avatar is from. I think it’s Blazing Saddles. Quit being so mysterious please.😂. Your fans demand answers!
              Last edited by Panhead John; August 9, 2020, 08:42 PM.

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John , so ya think that’s not me. I am a bit older now than I was in that picture. There is other evidence throughout the musings of AR.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              So....you say you’re a bit older than that picture? So that means you’re what.....120?

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Greetings from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the talking side! Now we need to see pics of cooks and cookers!

Comment

Glad you're finally speaking up!

Looking forward to seeing this SVQ ribs!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Appleton, WI

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here